Brighton 0-0 Leeds - Saturday 27th November, 2021

football forum

• The title was changed to Brighton 0-0 Leeds - Saturday 27th November, 2021
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Eight games without a win for Brighton.

Make no mistake about it. This is a team in absolute free fall.

😂you are obsessed with them mate 🤣 it's like bryan and Chile 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Brighton got booed at the end of the game and Potter was not happy at all. 

They are having their best season in the premier league so far.  Just shows shows how fickle some fans are 

• The topic was unpinned
1 hour ago, Honey Honey said:

The big question with Brighton is whether these games they have more possession and twice the shots of the opponent but draw are tactical/coaching issues or a lack of quality.

It’s completely lack of quality up front. I like Maupay for his work rate and the fact he winds up defenders very well, but he’s far from prolific. They need a proper goalscorer up front to turn these draws into a few wins. If they had somebody like Danny Ings, they would have won 3/4 of those 6 draws. 

Brighton fans booing them though? Absolute madness. Fucking know where you’ve been and where you’re sitting. Currently 8th in the league and they are whining? Potter has every right to be annoyed. 

I guess fans of any side get carried away with the slightest sign of success, or progress.

For Brighton fans, defeat at Villa & only a draw at home to Leeds, just isn't really the expected standard these days. Even Potter & former player Glenn Murray were fuelling that superior now sort of mindset just last week. So for me, Potters been playing with the matches a little there anyway.

3 hours ago, Honey Honey said:

The big question with Brighton is whether these games they have more possession and twice the shots of the opponent but draw are tactical/coaching issues or a lack of quality.

Depends on individual xG I guess, if a players xG is there but the goals aren’t then it’s coaching 

5 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I remember being at a game at Anfield years ago (08/09 I think) when sections of the crowd booed Liverpool off after a draw with West Ham took them to the top of the league. Football fans can act like spoilt brats at times.

A lot of fans always seem to think they should be doing better. They cant all be right. The most realistic fans I have ever met were Wigan fans. They seemed to know than being in the premier league was an achievement and anything else was a bonus. 

5 hours ago, Honey Honey said:

To be fair, booing is often a minority but because there's no other noise it comes out worse than it is. 

Yeah . Thats why people were encouraged to loudly support taking the knee as if there are a few booes they arent heard 

Archived