Jump to content
talkfootball365

Brentford 1-0 Everton - Sunday 28th November, 2021


football forum
 Share

Recommended Posts

No Raya and no Ajer. Jensen and Mads Bech fit again and Wissa back for the bench too.

Ajer is integral to our play because his speed means we can push higher up the pitch, he can also run the ball into the oppos half.

Not sure how this goes tbh, we’re in limbo where our performances are good but we’re not getting results we’re after.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First commercial break and when they get back we’re watching Mason Mount play golf indoors xD
 

First game of ours I’ve properly watched on Sky this season, whilst I don’t expect people up and down the country to be screaming for Brentford coverage, the absolute lack of tactical preview they could be doing of us and Everton, talking points from the press conferences etc.

I’ve said Sky Sports coverage is fairly terrible for nuanced debate and critical coverage but they’re essentially trying to make a Band of Brothers style mini series out of Man Utd and OGS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Danny said:

First commercial break and when they get back we’re watching Mason Mount play golf indoors xD
 

First game of ours I’ve properly watched on Sky this season, whilst I don’t expect people up and down the country to be screaming for Brentford coverage, the absolute lack of tactical preview they could be doing of us and Everton, talking points from the press conferences etc.

I’ve said Sky Sports coverage is fairly terrible for nuanced debate and critical coverage but they’re essentially trying to make a Band of Brothers style mini series out of Man Utd and OGS.

Get used to it. They're only interested in the Super League Six. Haven't watched the build up to one of our games on Sky in years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Doucoure returning is cause for vague hope. Rondon starting up front remains simply hilarious and depressing at the same time. Maybe "he has to score eventually" is forefront in the manager's mind. Gray making the bench after initially being thought to be out for 6 weeks is a nice surprise. I don't hate Iwobi as much of the rest of our fans but our front four overall is Gordon, Townsend playing central, Iwobi and Rondon. Oof.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Danny said:

Games starts in an hour and Sky open their show talking about Man Utd, EFL coverage on Sky so much better.

They do it for the Monday night games to. A lot of chat about the top 6 then a bit about the match they're actually covering. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Get used to it. They're only interested in the Super League Six. Haven't watched the build up to one of our games on Sky in years.

 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

They do it for the Monday night games to. A lot of chat about the top 6 then a bit about the match they're actually covering. 

Obviously with the pandemic I watched a lot of our games through their EFL coverage which was good, a player for each club covering, good dissection of what’s happening on the pitch. Genuinely amazed a club the size of Everton are getting so little coverage too if the issue is size of a club.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Benitez is finished if we lose here. Not based off today but looking at how absolutely dire we are and the fixtures we have coming up, the pressure will just get too great. It isn't the solution and we'll just be back to square one again but that's how this board operates.

On the plus side I think that's Rondon's first shot on target in his Everton career so well done for getting that one on the board before December rolls in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Danny said:

Intent has never come into the recklessness of a challenge no?

He could only be given a red under serious foul play. We’d be seeing red cards handed out left right and centre if the various challenges around the pitch weren’t open to refereeing interpretation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Benitez is finished if we lose here. Not based off today but looking at how absolutely dire we are and the fixtures we have coming up, the pressure will just get too great. It isn't the solution and we'll just be back to square one again but that's how this board operates.

On the plus side I think that's Rondon's first shot on target in his Everton career so well done for getting that one on the board before December rolls in.

 

I was just thinking Everton are drifting quite far down the table if this is a defeat.

I think we all know how ultra competitive the league is, and with West Ham, Wolves & Brighton joining the more expected names in the top half right now, whoever the Everton manager is would surely be under pressure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

He could only be given a red under serious foul play. We’d be seeing red cards handed out left right and centre if the various challenges around the pitch weren’t open to refereeing interpretation.

So studs to the head for example rather than laces of the boot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

So studs to the head for example rather than laces of the boot

I think again it’s interpretation. I’ve just seen a studs in the air challenge from a Brentford player on Allen. Not even a yellow. 2 feet off the floor and no control whatsoever. We’d be down to 8 men a game.
 

image.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

I think again it’s interpretation. I’ve just seen a studs in the air challenge from a Brentford player on Allen. Not even a yellow. 
 

image.jpg

Of course, studs to the head versus studs to the end of someone’s toe which is also high in the air around nobody else is a nothing challenge lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to Brentford 1-0 Everton - Sunday 28th November, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...