talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Police Raid Juventus Headquarters

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure this is more widespread than Juventus. Think there was a report of 62 transfers being investigated, the most well known one being the Pjanic / Arthur swap deal. Napoli have been named as one of the other clubs with multiple transfers included in the investigations.

Apparently Juve were heavily lying about player values during swap deals in their books, with the Pjanic-Arthur swap being a particularly bad case. 
Pjanic went to Barca, and Arthur to Juve in a swap plus cash, with the players valued at 60 mil and 72 mil respectively, and the 12 million cash changing hands. However, these are false player values, creating inflated player asset values. 

Juve face a points deduction. 

Not to down play this whole thing, but pretty sure we all knew it at the time of the Pjanic / Arthur swap that these deals were setup to get around Financial Fair Play. Would think it's more carelessness of their short term finances, than a criminal act? That said, I'm not aware of the full extent of these investigations.

1 hour ago, Honey Honey said:

Police raids of an office always sounds very 1930s. What do they hope to find? Incriminating documents sticking out of a typewriter? 

Hard drives, access to local systems that they can't externally access. Hard copies of unedited financial data, coke in the accountants drawers (they actually found this hahaha)

Is it just me or is Italian football very corrupt? I mean Juventus got relegated 15 years ago for match fixing. I'm sure there are other corrupt leagues but for a big European league it seems to be the most corrupt 

17 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Is it just me or is Italian football very corrupt? I mean Juventus got relegated 15 years ago for match fixing. I'm sure there are other corrupt leagues but for a big European league it seems to be the most corrupt 

If you don't think there is widespread match fixing in most countries, you are pretty naive.

Pretty sure Matt Le Tissier even admitted he did in the Premier League. So further down the leagues, with players earning far less... Definitely happening frequently.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, ScoRoss said:

If you don't think there is widespread match fixing in most countries, you are pretty naive.

Pretty sure Matt Le Tissier even admitted he did in the Premier League. So further down the leagues, with players earning far less... Definitely happening frequently.

Football legend Matthew Le Tissier admits his part in attempted £10,000 betting scam

xD

"The midfielder, who scored 162 goals for Southampton during an illustrious 16 year career, plotted to deliberately kick the ball out in a 1995 match.

But he failed miserably when his trusty right foot let him down..."

Tbh ever since I learned some basic accounting principles in uni, it has always kinda shocked me how arbitrary and contrived accounting is. 

I always had the impression it was somehow about actually documenting a objectively real financial situation by tracking asset and liability values, tracking the movements of funds, etc. Then I learned it isn't about that at all, it is essentially made-up - it is it's own thing entirely.

When I learned about amortisation I was absolutely gobsmacked. 

4 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Tbh ever since I learned some basic accounting principles in uni, it has always kinda shocked me how arbitrary and contrived accounting is. 

I always had the impression it was somehow about actually documenting a objectively real financial situation by tracking asset and liability values, tracking the movements of funds, etc. Then I learned it isn't about that at all, it is essentially made-up - it is it's own thing entirely.

When I learned about amortisation I was absolutely gobsmacked. 

Here in Australia it's wild. 
You earn so much, and your house gains SO much value, but you can chop 5% of its value per year off because 'it's aging' 

You own 400k of land, and a 400k house on top, and after 20 years, your house, which has gained 60% value, in accounting terms has lost all it's value and you've negatively geared all that back in tax. Wild. 

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Here in Australia it's wild. 
You earn so much, and your house gains SO much value, but you can chop 5% of its value per year off because 'it's aging' 

You own 400k of land, and a 400k house on top, and after 20 years, your house, which has gained 60% value, in accounting terms has lost all it's value and you've negatively geared all that back in tax. Wild. 

The whole accounting industry in the UK is absolutely rotten. It is an oligopoly of the big 3-4 firms who have the government's balls in a vice between their massive institutional influence on the one hand the constant threat that they can go re-register in a Crown Dependency on the other.

So they enjoy total market dominance and are completely insulated from risk by the fact that since around 2000 they have been allowed to constitute themselves as Limited Liability Partnerships - enjoying the same liability protection and level of regulatory oversight as a high-street architects firm might, and likewise paying no corporation tax.

With all of these advantages and protections in place, they make fortunes off of being the auditors of choice for the FTSE 500, and everyone knows that rather than place these businesses under any real scrutiny, they're only hired to give a big expensive seal of approval from a "reputable" accounting firm, and keep their stock price inflated. 

Where is the news? The Juventus football club are some years that improves the cash with a dummy taking. 

It isn't right that Sturaro was paid by Genoa twenty milion of euro or Mandragora was paid by Udinese twenty four milion of euro...

It's a cheat.

In italy often happens, also with other club, but as usual the Juventus is always exaggerated.

• 11 months later...

Archived