talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

50+1 and Investors in German Football

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it's lip service but at least he acknowledges and agrees that he'd have to work within the confines of the rules.

On a similar note I was reading about the Hannover coaching situation and just realized that they are no longer owned/operated by their members.  Someone might have mentioned that to me earlier (I recall the words "rotten club" being used xD) but I guess it didn't click.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Coma said:

On a similar note I was reading about the Hannover coaching situation and just realized that they are no longer owned/operated by their members.  Someone might have mentioned that to me earlier (I recall the words "rotten club" being used xD) but I guess it didn't click.

I can't stand Hannover but that's not true, they even added 50+1 to the club statutes in the latest annual member meeting to ensure that Kind or other investors couldn't takeover even if the league dropped the 50+1 rule.

https://www.transfermarkt.de/hannover-mitglieder-entscheiden-50-1-regel-jetzt-teil-der-satzung/

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

My opinion on investors should be well known by now. Not too worried since this intention pops up every now and then- the potential investors usually change their minds, if the implications of the 50+1 rule and the resistance of (at least) parts of the club member dawn on them.

I hope so, but with quite a few traditional clubs (including mine) balancing on the edge of financial ruin, I'm afraid it my be tempting to sell out. Our old board has indicated its willingness to work with investors (or "strategical partners", as they call it to avoid the elephant in the room) in numerous interviews in recent years, and the new board seems to be on the same page. We'll know more once they publish the "Spielplan 2025" strategy paper in the next few months, but I'm worried that it's something they have in mind.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

I can't stand Hannover but that's not true, they even added 50+1 to the club statutes in the latest annual member meeting to ensure that Kind or other investors couldn't takeover even if the league dropped the 50+1 rule.

https://www.transfermarkt.de/hannover-mitglieder-entscheiden-50-1-regel-jetzt-teil-der-satzung/

Did Kind's application to the league not succeed? The article I read was from 2017 and said he had applied for an exemption because he had been funding them for 20 years, ala Dietmar Hopp.

34 minutes ago, Coma said:

Did Kind's application to the league not succeed? The article I read was from 2017 and said he had applied for an exemption because he had been funding them for 20 years, ala Dietmar Hopp.

The league didn't approve Kind's application. Hannover's board that time tried to amend the club's statutes so that Kind could take over anyway. The members protested and voted a new supervisory board, so that those amendments couldn't go on, though. We got a thread about that, will have a look and link it.

Archived