• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 13th June - France 3-2 England

football forum

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Pogba fails to win a header vs Alli, runs back with Alli, clips him and gives away a penalty by fouling Alli. Pogba done all ends up there. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Cannabis said:

Never really understood that argument, he's the last man so should be sent off regardless of what this match is being played as.

Not saying it wasn't a red card but it's a match that doesn't mean anything and it's a bit gimpy if he ends up with a competitive suspension for that.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

A bit harsh to send a player off with a straight red in a friendly match. Will he get a suspension now?

nah don't think so.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

That in a nutshell is the problem with video replay. They've had it and they've still got it well wrong for me. That isn't a red.

it is a red though, under the rules. No clear attempt at getting the ball. Nothing to do with video replays. 

They went to a replay to check there was contact I guess. There was contact. There was no attempt to play the ball. Therefore red card. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Cannabis said:

Never really understood that argument, he's the last man so should be sent off regardless of what this match is being played as.

Last man has never been a rule, it's clear goalscoring opportunity, which I'd strongly dispute "clear" as Lloris could've definitely beaten Alli to the ball.

Shite decision which has killed the game as far as I'm concerned. An experimental friendly and it's now 10 v 11. What an absolute joke. No-one benefits here.

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

That in a nutshell is the problem with video replay. They've had it and they've still got it well wrong for me. That isn't a red.

Its not just that though. Not only can you still get the decision wrong, but there are other decisions that won't get checked either that warrant to just as much. If you check every decision the game will stop at every minute. Just no to this VAR bollocks, its going to have flaws no matter what. How so many people are defending this is beyond me. Seriously.

• Subscriber

I wouldn't be against VAR but I've said it before and said it again, it doesn't attack the root of the problems. The root of the problem is the fact so many rules are down to interpretation and not black and white. So many grey areas where two referees can sit there and actually disagree on things after seeing replays. 

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Its not just that though. Not only can you still get the decision wrong, but there are other decisions that won't get checked either that warrant to just as much. If you check every decision the game will stop at every minute. Just no to this VAR bollocks, its going to have flaws no matter what. How so many people are defending this is beyond me. Seriously.

well they won't get checked because they may not reach the criteria?

As far as I'm aware, the following can (NOT WILL) be checked if required:

goals
Penalty decisions
red cards
mistaken identity

I'd rather have individual human flaws attempt to be stamped out by something/someone who can look at decisions again. For years the 'referee only gets one look' has been a flaw and caused many teams to be on the end of wrong decisions. No harm in trying VAR out to stop bad decisions being made. 

Just now, Stan said:

well they won't get checked because they may not reach the criteria?

As far as I'm aware, the following can (NOT WILL) be checked if required:

goals
Penalty decisions
red cards
mistaken identity

I'd rather have individual human flaws attempt to be stamped out by something/someone who can look at decisions again. For years the 'referee only gets one look' has been a flaw and caused many teams to be on the end of wrong decisions. No harm in trying VAR out to stop bad decisions being made. 

Me and you will never come to an agreement on this as you are clearly team VAR and I'm not. In the U20 World Cup as well as in the CWC there were so many flaws/inconsistencies to count and they have to do with the criteria. Teams can be on the end of arguably more wrong decisions with VAR and there will be more controversy is the referee gets it wrong. I said that football thrives on controversy and I stand by that but that isn't the point of VAR now is it?

Just my opinion. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Me and you will never come to an agreement on this as you are clearly team VAR and I'm not. In the U20 World Cup as well as in the CWC there were so many flaws/inconsistencies to count and they have to do with the criteria. Teams can be on the end of arguably more wrong decisions with VAR and there will be more controversy is the referee gets it wrong. I said that football thrives on controversy and I stand by that but that isn't the point of VAR now is it?

Just my opinion. 

i know it's 'just your opinion'. no need to state that xD 

You've seen it's flaws in competitions. I've seen it used numerous times in the A-League last season and it's worked and helped out referees who totally missed incidents. 

Teams will be on the end of more correct decisions with the help of VAR where officials have missed something (as can innocently happen).

Just my opinion. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

i know it's 'just your opinion'. no need to state that xD 

Just taking a bit of advice from a fellow member on here ;) 

• The title was changed to Tuesday 13th June - France 3-2 England
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived