• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 15 Matches - 4-5th December, 2021

football forum

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what to make of that.

On another day Jordan Ayew scores that chance and Fred doesn't get the chance he had to score.

At the same time could Patrick Vieira have been more brave and did we offer Ralf Ragnick too much respect in his first game? Maybe. But if we play Hughes and Olise over Schlupp and Ayew would we have been a lot more exposed at the back?

It may just be one of those games that it's better not to over analyse and just hope we write the last eight days off quickly and move forwards.

Annoying to lose that lead so late on, but it was always going to be tough and without Ivan Toney too.

Important thing is that we came away with a point, try and win your home games, get a draw away and you should stay up.

Palace are a difficult nut to crack, Viera has completely proved his critics wrong.

As for the game, I feel we worked hard but lacked a creative edge today. Rashford and Bruno didn't have the best of games. I was surprised Sancho was withdrawn given I thought he was playing well.

Hard to know how to feel about today's point.

Got to be thankful with a last gasp equaliser in the circumstances so late in the game. However, it's annoying that we were in total command and Phillips picks up a knock which completely disrupts our control given we'd also lost Cooper. Brentford get back in the game and he goes off and the shape of the side is in disarray. Up to that point I felt we'd see it out.

Pleased for Pat to come back off the bench and score, shows in that one moment why we have completely missed him. Just sods law we get Ayling and Pat back and lose Cooper and Phillips. We just cannot catch a clean break this season with keeping a fit first eleven we want to field.

On another note, that's our 3rd injury time goal at Elland Road this season and I think psychologically, the pressure we put on at the end coupled with the crowd has seen sides lose their concentration and buckle. Hopefully we can continue to make things a bit daunting.

39 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Got to be thankful with a last gasp equaliser in the circumstances so late in the game. However, it's annoying that we were in total command and Phillips picks up a knock which completely disrupts our control given we'd also lost Cooper. Brentford get back in the game and he goes off and the shape of the side is in disarray. Up to that point I felt we'd see it out.

Pleased for Pat to come back off the bench and score, shows in that one moment why we have completely missed him. Just sods law we get Ayling and Pat back and lose Cooper and Phillips. We just cannot catch a clean break this season with keeping a fit first eleven we want to field.

On another note, that's our 3rd injury time goal at Elland Road this season and I think psychologically, the pressure we put on at the end coupled with the crowd has seen sides lose their concentration and buckle. Hopefully we can continue to make things a bit daunting.

That’s pretty much us the last couple months, of course we go to Elland Road and lose Ivan Toney on top of Raya, Ajer and Dasilva. Frustrating having to wait for that team to come together and start clicking again. Least you got a point from it to help stay clear of a relegation battle 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Kane being a useless fat cunt fucked my multi. 

Save it for next Thursday. We're the team he's scored the most goals against (about 15 I think?) 

Could win big next week if you wanted... 

10 hours ago, Lucas said:

No positives for the mighty Tyler Roberts?

• The topic was unpinned

Archived