23/02/2020 - Arsenal 3-2 Everton

Recent Form
Everton - LLLDL
Arsenal - LWLWW

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, 6666 said:

West Ham beat Chelsea. Man Utd and Tottenham are likely to win their games. We need to win this.

I cant see us getting top 4 to be honest. Tottenham have conte, man utd will probably be better. I think it will be tough. 

On 05/12/2021 at 11:58, Gunnersauraus said:

I cant see us getting top 4 to be honest. Tottenham have conte, man utd will probably be better. I think it will be tough. 

We're definitely not favourites but we're still in it right now.

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

We're definitely not favourites but we're still in it right now.

Agreed. But the top 3 are miles ahead of everyone. And like I said for the reasons I mentioned it will be hard. Even with a very good coach it would be hard. With an average one I cant see it happening unfortunately. 

Nearly 2 years since Ancelotti joined Everton and Arteta joined Arsenal. Although I'm still not totally sold on Arteta, he's certainly been the better appointment. Ancelotti really disappointed me tbh. Nothing against him leaving for Real Madrid but some of his sarcastic comments have been a disgrace and he really did nothing whilst he was there.

Arsenal big favourites for tonight, Goodison won't be nice.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, shut up said:

Rando is suspiciously quiet in this thread. 

What is he up to :35_thinking:

Just been busy in the Everton Discussion thread. Doesn't usually get much action which is why I comment in match threads most of the time.

The result tonight is a bit of a sideshow to be honest. The increasing meltdown of the club surrounding the first team continues to ramp up. I'm mostly motivated to watch this tonight to see how many fans leave at 27 minutes.

• Subscriber

Digne dropped and Godfrey plays at left back. No injury or reason given. Clear that Digne has spoken against Benitez' tactics and been dropped for it.

Digne hasn't been good this season, in fact he's really pissed me off, but if he's kicked off over the fact that Benitez' tactics are limiting the best aspects of his game, then at least he apparently gives a shit. He also remains one of our best players on an ordinary day. Alienating your senior players because you refuse to budge from tactics that have left your side winless in eight doesn't strike me as much of a pathway to success.

As a sidenote, the fact that Godfrey is our backup left back is another glaring illustration of the incompetent approach to recruitment and squad building during this seven-year long headache.

• Subscriber

Some walkout then 🙄. Plenty of fans there I'm sure who have been sucked in by the team making the bare minimum effort for 30 minutes for the first time in a while. At least it got enough traction to bring it to Sky's attention.

• Subscriber

Unfortunate to be behind. A younger right back stops that cross though. Coleman has been too slow for several years and hasn't been replaced because of a board that apparently 98% of our match-going fans won't leave their seats for 5 minutes to make a small protest against.

Arsenal have been extremely poor and will surely improve after half-time. We've actually grafted quite well and even done something resembling a press in patches, and yet we haven't created anything beside an offside goal. That's probably game over and this team is going nowhere fast.

I saw that cross that Demarai Gray throws in and thinks where are the strikers that gamble on that type of delivery.

It deserved a goal, it has happened at Chelsea at times too.

Thought Everton worked well at times in the first though need to create more goal scoring chances. 

Didn't see the goal as helping my Dad with dinner (mild dementia).

• The title was changed to Everton 2-1 Arsenal - Monday 6th December, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived