• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton 2-1 Arsenal - Monday 6th December, 2021

football forum

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Nearly 2 years since Ancelotti joined Everton and Arteta joined Arsenal. Although I'm still not totally sold on Arteta, he's certainly been the better appointment. Ancelotti really disappointed me tbh. Nothing against him leaving for Real Madrid but some of his sarcastic comments have been a disgrace and he really did nothing whilst he was there.

Arsenal big favourites for tonight, Goodison won't be nice.

I thought Ancelotti got the best out of DCL turning him form a prospect to one of the best young strikers in the EPL.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

1-1.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He's offside

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Oh fuck off.

Didn't see the first disallowed goal but I thought that latest one wasn't meant to be disallowed any more? Everton hard done by there. Harsh. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Didn't see the first disallowed goal but I thought that latest one wasn't meant to be disallowed any more? Everton hard done by there. Harsh. 

First one they can't really complain about. Agree on that second one though.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

I missed the first one because I went to go get a glass of water, so no comment on that one xD

Second one seems harsh but before they put the lines, I thought he looked offside. But... that's not how VAR is meant to work. But I think you're right that the "closer" decisions were meant to favour the attackers so the officials have probably fucked that up I think.

• Subscriber

If his foot is off the ground and the diagonal camera angle is making it look like it's on the line and level with the defender then it's off but I personally can't tell. Knew it would be disallowed the second the review started though.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

If his foot is off the ground and the diagonal camera angle is making it look like it's on the line and level with the defender then it's off but I personally can't tell. Knew it would be disallowed the second the review started though.

I can't tell either - but I think in situations like that... they should err on the side of giving the goal, imo. More goals is more good. Don't like the idea of a goal being taken away because of camera angle magic making a difference in moments of the thinnest margins like that.

I think as soon as they showed the first replay of it as it was being reviewed, my initial reaction was "he's offside" hence the post - but seeing it with the lines made me question the fuck out of whether it was actually off or not.

• The title was changed to Everton 2-1 Arsenal - Monday 6th December, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived