talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Advice

football forum

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Harry said:

The two weeks will pass regardless of my choice, maybe I shoukd just go?

Just be calm buddy and make your own choice or have a good natter with your wife, 2 heads together as she is part of you in marriage and life and work out which is the best option. 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Spike said:

If you’ve been out of the country in the last two weeks you have to quarantine for 14 days in QLD regardless of entry point. 

At the moment, but if Queensland adopt the NSW rule for internationals in January would that be better?

On 04/12/2021 at 03:49, Spike said:

I don't really open up a lot but I need help, any advice at all. I'm distraught

On Monday I'm scheduled to fly into Australia and do a 14 day hotel quarantine. My plan was to see my grandmother for xmas but she passed away today. She passed away just two weeks shy of me finally seeing her. Two weeks and I could have said goodbye, but I can't and I never will now. I have to fly into the country and be alone for two straight weeks in a hotel I don't want to be in. I will miss my family, my wife, the funeral, everything. There are no exemptions. What do I do? Should I cancel and reschedule for another time? Should I wait and hope for the borders reopening? My wife is looking at tickets but at such short notice how can she get the bureaucracy and tickets?

please anything will help

15 hours ago, Spike said:

After weeks of stressing and planning and then finally grieving, I decided to go home BUT THEY FUCKED ME. I didn't even notice they changed my layover in Fiji TO OVER TWO FUCKING DAYS, I DON'T HAVE TWO FUCKING DAYS TO SPEND IN FIJI AND FOURTEEN IN QUARANTINE, I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO GET HOME FOR CHRISTMAS

I went through a whole world of anxiety and stress to be fucked by something I (as well as my wife) didn't even notice they changed two weeks ago. WE GOT THESE TICKETS MONTHS AGO, we didnt' buy a ticket to arrive on the 10th, we bought it for the 8th

So sorry to hear about what's happened Spike.. With your loss and all these restrictions it must be heartbreakingly tough to see any light at the end of the tunnel at the moment... I would suggest you try Nudge's idea and see if there is anything the airline could do because you have nothing to lose and everything to gain if you can find a sympathetic ear somewhere... I appreciate that it does not change what's happened but all these delays and frustrations are just making a sad situation worse for you.. 

Hope you find a way to overcome them and get some peace of mind mate... 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived