The better place to talk football.

F1 2021 - Abu Dhabi GP - 10-12th December, 2021

football forum

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The topic was pinned
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Awful, awful track for a title decider. They have changed the layout though.

Apparently it'll suit Merc even more now. But track dependency has gone out of the window this season.

• The title was changed to F1 2021 - Abu Dhabi GP - 10-12th December, 2021
  • Subscriber

Imagine if Hamilton or Verstappen caught Covid before next weekend and couldn't race. :ph34r:

Maybe this was the big-brain move from Lewis last year. Making sure he gets Covid after securing the world championship so that he wouldn't get it in the midst of a title fight the following year. Guy thinks of everything. :ph34r:

4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Imagine if Hamilton or Verstappen caught Covid before next weekend and couldn't race. :ph34r:

Maybe this was the big-brain move from Lewis last year. Making sure he gets Covid after securing the world championship so that he wouldn't get it in the midst of a title fight the following year. Guy thinks of everything. :ph34r:

Lewis wins the title. While on the podium news breaks he tested positive but Merc kept it quiet.

25 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Well, Jos is a piece of shit of a human being, so good on Lewis for avoiding him. 

If Lewis wins the title, Max's mum should stay away from Jos for at least a month.

• Subscriber

It's getting increasingly difficult I think to look at the Verstappen/Red Bull/Horner/Marko camp and give them the benefit of the doubt. We've seen gamesmanship for most of the season that has stayed within the boundaries and they've put together a phenomenal campaign. I'd still like to see Verstappen win the title just to mix things up, especially now that Mercedes probably have the Constructors' wrapped up, but up until recently I thought I'd be pretty gutted for them if Hamilton denied them the Drivers'. Hard to really see it that way anymore.

Even the most ardent Verstappen fan would have to admit that the Brazil incident and the two incidents in Saudi Arabia, the restart where he didn't take no for an answer and the one where Hamilton was past him but he ran wide and almost caused a collision again, it's too much in too short of a time span, whereas Lewis has been well-behaved for the majority of the season with the exception of Silverstone, which was more of a mistake than excessive aggression.

Hopefully Red Bull have a fast package this weekend and Verstappen can get it done fair and square with a great performance but if Mercedes are faster and there's more shenanigans involved from Max's side I'm going to find it difficult to sympathise with him whether he wins or loses.

As for Hamilton, I think this year has taken him past Schumacher even if he doesn't get number eight. Some scrappy mistakes in the early parts of the season but he's been imperious in the run-in, especially knowing in these last three races that if Verstappen finished ahead of him just once, it would have realistically taken things out of his hands. The way Mercedes have hauled Red Bull back in from an incredibly difficult starting point in pre-season testing and not being able to touch them through the middle part of the year, is also testament to what a strong team he's had built around him.

Dynamics have changed a bit for Lewis going into the final race. I wasn't expecting them to win 3 on the bounce. I thought maybe come the final race he'd need to win with Bottas having to come between him and Max. Now either has to finish in front of each other within the top 10 to win the title.

I wonder how RB will set Max up this weekend. In Saudi they wanted track position so they set-up geared more towards qualifying. This is why Max was hitting purples in his final run before his minor crash. 

There is talk RB might take a new engine. Apparantly they've said if it's needed they won't hesitate to change it.

31 minutes ago, nudge said:

I fully expect a crash to decide the outcome of the championship. This season is already going into history books, all it needs now is a controversial action to decide it xD

Imagine the Honada powered cars and Mercedes engine cars have an all out war.

• Subscriber

According to AMuS, Red Bull brought a floor upgrade to Saudi Arabia in order to reduce drag and gain a few kmh extra; they tested it on Friday, but were losing too much downforce in corners, so they reverted back to the old one. Apparently, they are working on the data to find the best solution, so there's a chance they might end up using it in the final race.

38 minutes ago, nudge said:

According to AMuS, Red Bull brought a floor upgrade to Saudi Arabia in order to reduce drag and gain a few kmh extra; they tested it on Friday, but were losing too much downforce in corners, so they reverted back to the old one. Apparently, they are working on the data to find the best solution, so there's a chance they might end up using it in the final race.

Obligatory:

dont-give-me-hope-meme-3-768x409.jpg

• The topic was unpinned

Archived