• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Michael Masi leaves the FIA

football forum

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I don't really get the stink over this new radio footage. We already knew both teams over-stepped the mark with trying to influence the race director and we already know he didn't handle it well and didn't follow the regulations properly. It's disingenuous that some people are trying to sell this clip as new, damning evidence. They're not going to overturn the result of the championship so I don't really get why people have to drag it all back up just as people were just looking forward to the new season.

• Subscriber
43 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

I don't really get the stink over this new radio footage. We already knew both teams over-stepped the mark with trying to influence the race director and we already know he didn't handle it well and didn't follow the regulations properly. It's disingenuous that some people are trying to sell this clip as new, damning evidence. They're not going to overturn the result of the championship so I don't really get why people have to drag it all back up just as people were just looking forward to the new season.

Maybe it's just to remind everyone of the fact that he's inept and we need someone new.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, JoshBRFC said:

Maybe it's just to remind everyone of the fact that he's inept and we need someone new.

Brundle was on there saying he's heard a number of names are being discussed to be part of a team of people who will take on the race director's role after it gets effectively chopped up and shared out. Masi wasn't one of them.

• The title was changed to Michael Masi sacked
  • Subscriber

I don't know the back story but it's surprising Herbie Blash wasn't involved after Charlie Whiting passed away anyway. He shared a lot of the previous race director's responsibilities and was pretty much a household name as far as F1 circles go.

• Subscriber

Toto Wolff has claimed in the Sky Sports documentary about last season that Michael Masi was 'turned' by Red Bull last season.

I'm sorry but this is too far. I know he's upset about losing the Drivers' Championship but this is an accusation of corruption from a team principal that is backed up only by speculation. I expect better from him.

On 04/03/2022 at 13:27, RondónEFC said:

Toto Wolff has claimed in the Sky Sports documentary about last season that Michael Masi was 'turned' by Red Bull last season.

I'm sorry but this is too far. I know he's upset about losing the Drivers' Championship but this is an accusation of corruption from a team principal that is backed up only by speculation. I expect better from him.

My mate reckons Toto has been found wanting a but when under real pressure for over the course of a full season. What do others think of this opinion? Personally I thought he'd be calmer then he was.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/04/2022 at 14:01, Tommy said:

Fucks sake. Give it a rest and eat your god damn Pumpernickel. 

"The race director should not be somebody that people talk about."

Quite right, and nor should the team principal, but that didn't stop him and Horner from acting like Bond villains during all of 2021.

• The title was changed to Michael Masi leaves the FIA

Archived