Tuesday June 13th: Peru vs Jamaica

football forum

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

At 7:30 Peru time.

If we don't win this at least 4-0 I'll be disappointed.

will only happen cos Big Wes is missing for the Reggae Boyz

Just now, Stan said:

will only happen cos Big Wes is missing for the Reggae Boyz

Ha, Jamaica is sending a team full of Jamaican league players. All semi pro I believe and playing 2000 meters above sea level. It's not much but for a team that's barely played in altitude (only few times they do are when they go to Mexico City for the NACL) then they will have less expectations than other teams.

Seriously this may just be a friendly but we should be winning this 7 or 8 goals to nil. If that's excessive then 4-0 at least and I'll be satisfied. This is good for a moral booster.

2 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Jamaica with the 'upset' 2-1. I say upset but neither teams are that good judging by their position(WCQ)

And what are you going to do if you get this wrong? Disappear and then predict against us wrongly again?

"judging by our position" if we're judging performances by useless numbers, then at least look at the fact we've lost 3 games in the last 16.

Anyways, back to the game. We're apparently sending our best lineup out there again. Although I can see Nilson Loyola starting or at least getting playing time just because this is played in Arequipa. 

Aside from a smashing, I'd like to see us play well in both halves. In many games, we look decent starting off and then world beaters in the second half but this time I want to see a class 90 minutes. I won't get carried away as we are playing a hugely inferior side, but I want to see a proper Peruvian "goleada" which we don't see often and given how good we've been as of late, its finally time.

21 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Toony knows 

He predicted them to win xD

I know Toony is usually taking the piss with his predictions as even he knows that he's clueless on the Peru national team, but he predicted something completely different to you and apparently he "knows".

No idea why Caceda is starting. He's not even one of the top 3 goalkeepers in Lima, let alone top 3 in the country.  Either way, I can't see Jamaica challenging at all in this so I reckon he'll get away with it.

Jamaica ended up sending a few of their professional players, if that's the case I retract my statement where I said we will win 7-0.  I still think we'll win by 2 or 3 though.

1 minute ago, Tanksie said:

Sorry mate, would love to watch this, but sadly Jamaica vs Peru didn't make it to my first world tv set. EL Salvador vs Ecuador is on though.

Bein Sports?

1 minute ago, Tanksie said:

Yes.

Ah ok, makes sense then. I was wondering why they were showing Ecuador vs El Savador in Australia xD

On 6/12/2017 at 10:32 AM, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Jamaica with the 'upset' 2-1. I say upset but neither teams are that good judging by their position(WCQ)

Lol

Looking forward to seeing you predict us to lose vs Bolivia. If you're still on this forum by then anyways.

Archived