Ben Brereton Diaz

football forum

• The title was changed to Ben Brereton Diaz
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
9 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

•Are you shocked he’s the best striker in the Championship?
This thread is about Ben Brereton, not Aleksandr Mitrovic?

•Who do you think he will leave us for?
A mid-table PL club. Southampton usually buy well from the Championship. Possibly Villa. Brighton perhaps. If we didn't have Daka/Kelechi I'd definitely be interested. Everton?

• 4 weeks later...

We have been linked but I can tell you now, not for £30m Blackburn are quoting. No chance.

Adam Armstrong went for half that after a fantastic season last year and it would be fair to say he's still adjusting at Saints. 

No way BBD is worth double Adam Armstrong, no way.

Completely get Blackburn wouldn't want to lose their best asset cheap given they are chasing promotion but I'd only go £20m tops, and even then I'd feel a little robbed.

54 minutes ago, Lucas said:

We have been linked but I can tell you now, not for £30m Blackburn are quoting. No chance.

Adam Armstrong went for half that after a fantastic season last year and it would be fair to say he's still adjusting at Saints. 

Completely get Blackburn wouldn't want to lose their best asset cheap given they are chasing promotion but I'd only go £20m tops, and even then I'd feel a little robbed.

You have Tyler Roberts. Don't complain. 🤨

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

If we had sold Toney last Summer he’d have gone for £30m+ easy. I think the issue Blackburn had with Armstrong was that he had 1 year left on his contract at time of sale, so take just under £20m in the Summer or lose him on a free.

Brereton Diaz has scored 20 goals so far and there’s 20 games left to play, no reason why he can’t hit 30 goals and on top of that he’s only 22.

Take into account he’s a national hero in Chile with all of the above and I’d say £30m is about right. Just comes down to how he fits into your team and if your coaches believe they can get goals out of him in the Prem in your system.

4 hours ago, Danny said:

If we had sold Toney last Summer he’d have gone for £30m+ easy. I think the issue Blackburn had with Armstrong was that he had 1 year left on his contract at time of sale, so take just under £20m in the Summer or lose him on a free.

Brereton Diaz has scored 20 goals so far and there’s 20 games left to play, no reason why he can’t hit 30 goals and on top of that he’s only 22.

Take into account he’s a national hero in Chile with all of the above and I’d say £30m is about right. Just comes down to how he fits into your team and if your coaches believe they can get goals out of him in the Prem in your system.

BBD is out of contract at the end of the season, although Blackburn can extend this by one year. So he will be in the exact same boat as Adam Armstrong was with a year left.

IMO, no way should we pay £30m for someone who has only proven himself for one season (albeit what a season for him) with essentially a year left. Maybe if he had another season of goals behind him I'd be more warm to that idea but for me its a gamble we shouldn't take yet. 

I totally get his market value is up due to his heroics with Chile but we need to be real, it would be a big risk IMO and not one I'd be comfortable with.

Common sense should prevail but having paid £25m for Dan James, I never know with us.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

BBD is out of contract at the end of the season, although Blackburn can extend this by one year. So he will be in the exact same boat as Adam Armstrong was with a year left.

No way should we pay £30m for someone who has only proven himself for one season (albeit what a season for him) with essentially a year left. Maybe if he had another season of goals behind him I'd be more warm to that idea but for me its a gamble we shouldn't take yet. 

Common sense should prevail but having paid £25m for Dan James, I never know with us.

Ah I thought he had longer, in that case yeah it's got to be about £18m-£20m max. If he has longer on his contract then it's £25m-£30m and that's the price....but it's only the price if you have the leverage to turn down bids and potentially keep him another year a bit like we did with Benrahma.

• Subscriber
On 06/01/2022 at 08:09, The Palace Fan said:

There's no way Blackburn will want to sell given the opportunity that's in front of them.

In the summer though I expect him to go for anywhere between 15m - 22m.

His contract expires in the summer, however we have an option for a further year which i'm assuming we will activate if we can't agree terms with him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Administrator
7 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

10 million is laughable but his contract is up at the end of the season. We need to sign him up ffs. 

Bargain! Surprised some PL teams aren't interested. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

I really hope he doesn’t leave. We can’t replace him and I’d rather lose him for free at the end of the season. 

6 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

We rejected the offer.

Really? Wouldn't it be better to get the money at the very least?

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Spike said:

Really? Wouldn't it be better to get the money at the very least?

Without him I cannot see us even making the playoffs. With him we have a much better chance and then big if but if we do have a chance he may end up staying for a chance in the PL with us. No brainier for me. 

Worth the risk, to lose him on a free. We aren’t going to replace him with one day left. 

Big 24 hours ahead.

4 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Without him I cannot see us even making the playoffs. With him we have a much better chance and then big if but if we do have a chance he may end up staying for a chance in the PL with us. No brainier for me. 

Worth the risk, to lose him on a free. We aren’t going to replace him with one day left. 

Big 24 hours ahead.

Fair enough, I didn't realise that BRFC were pushing for promotion this season.

Archived