Villarreal vs Man City
Atletico Madrid vs Bayern Munich
Salzburg vs Liverpool
Inter Milan vs Ajax
Sporting Lisbon vs Juventus
Chelsea vs Lille
PSG vs Man Utd

• Administrator

I actually think Inter vs Ajax is the tie of the round. Not buying in to the PSG vs Man Utd hype. Two poor teams considering their stature - the only pull is Messi & Ronaldo.

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Apparently they omitted Man United when Atletico got pulled out as well?

I think that was a knock-on effects of the Villarreal/Man Utd thing.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

I actually think Inter vs Ajax is the tie of the round. Not buying in to the PSG vs Man Utd hype. Two poor teams considering their stature - the only pull is Messi & Ronaldo.

I think that was a knock-on effects of the Villarreal/Man Utd thing.

So the draw has been done completely wrong then hasn't it?xD I don't want a redraw because I'm happy with that, but that's what should happen really isn't it?

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

So the draw has been done completely wrong then hasn't it?xD I don't want a redraw because I'm happy with that, but that's what should happen really isn't it?

I'd have thought so. 

Don't know for sure but wonder if it was just the visuals where Man Utd were omitted on that, but not actually by the ball put in the pot. 

• Subscriber

Every time I see something like this happen it always makes me wonder how hard it is to use a Random Number Generator with two lists. I suppose I should expect less from clubs/federations who can't protect their emails.

Just now, Mel81x said:

Every time I see something like this happen it always makes me wonder how hard it is to use a Random Number Generator with two lists. I suppose I should expect less from clubs/federations who can't protect their emails.

There's an issue with such a procedure, though. Teams from the same group or country can't meet in the round of 16. Therefore a draw with numbers would be not practicable.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Probably more susceptible to it being fixed, no?

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

There's an issue with such a procedure, though. Teams from the same group or country can't meet in the round of 16. Therefore a draw with numbers would be not practicable.

Well if you have two lists its easy to fix the issue with regards to the other two groups. I over simplified the issue because they technically wouldnt be lists they would be a bit more complex, however the RNG would still not be as complex as UEFA is making it out to be. We've had this technology for over a decade in match-making for online gaming and that deals with thousands if not hundreds of thousands of choices. Why its failing here is a total mystery other than the fact that UEFA wants it to be "broken".

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, 6666 said:

So the random draw was even more random then expected. xD

I don't think this has ever happened before. Are they using a whole new system or something?

Not by the looks of it. Unless there's a new external software provider they're using behind the scenes. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived