• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Carabao Cup First Round Draw

football forum

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nudge said:

Wait, Carabao Cup is now the name of the League Cup?... Jesus Christ.

Carabao is a decent energy drink though haha.

Oh, wow. That is horrendous.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

So many questions, most of them are just what the fuck?

What's Carabao?

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Wait, Carabao Cup is now the name of the League Cup?... Jesus Christ.

Carabao is a decent energy drink though haha.

there you go. and yep, what the fuck indeed.

Bet the final will be played over there one day as well ffs. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

So many questions, most of them are just what the fuck?

What's Carabao?

Thai energy drink named after a Thai rock band. The rock band is actually pretty good.

• Subscriber

Do them in Thailand have any idea who the likes of Mansfield and Cambridge United are? Absolute farce. Would actually make a modicum of sense if they went international with the FA cup due to the reputation of the competition but this is a huge joke. 

• Administrator
Just now, RandoEFC said:

Do them in Thailand have any idea who the likes of Mansfield and Cambridge United are? Absolute farce. Would actually make a modicum of sense if they went international with the FA cup due to the reputation of the competition but this is a huge joke. 

@Cannabis when that happens

Image result for very angry gif

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Just fuck off. Sick of typing the same shit but English football is dying. The draw taking place in Thailand is start of this competition being played over there, why can't the Asians sort their own tinpot leagues out without gangbanging onto ours? Hope the balls give the tossers that draw them some form of electric shock which paralyses them indefinitely. 

it really is a disgrace to every normal football fan in England AND in Thailand. Thailand has great potential when it comes to football; the infrastructure is getting better and better, the domestic league is on the rise, there is a number of highly professional clubs with good new stadiums and training as well as youth facilities, and the interest is booming. Yet instead of giving it a further boost, Thai companies go for stupid sponsorships abroad and manage to piss off people everywhere. Sad state of affairs.

I always called it the league cup, no matter which sponsor was active at the time. Carabao is our training kit sponsor and it looks hideous, i would never buy the merchandise with that on it.

However the Thai people are probably spending shit loads on it.

vpcjso.jpg

Why can't it be the League Cup sponsored by Carrier Bag like the FA Cup is the FA Cup sponsored by whoever it is these days? 

A nothing competition really, I got fed up of it when our 'big' draw was Stoke City reserves at home a couple of times. 

This is a competition I wouldn't mind seeing scrapped if I'm honest. 

11 hours ago, True Blue said:

I always called it the league cup, no matter which sponsor was active at the time. Carabao is our training kit sponsor and it looks hideous, i would never buy the merchandise with that on it.

However the Thai people are probably spending shit loads on it.

vpcjso.jpg

If only they changed the trophy to resemble that logo. Two handles to grasp and a cow head to kiss. Excellent.

1 minute ago, Berserker said:

Sounds like the name of some Caribbean country like Curacao. I'm fine with renaming stadiums and shit, but this is beyond acceptable as i'm sure most people now won't even know which fucking cup is.

My sentiments exactly. I had no idea what this was. I hate renaming anything though, it gets too confusing. Certain stadiums can change their names, but the traditional name is the only one I'll bother using.

22 minutes ago, Eco said:

My sentiments exactly. I had no idea what this was. I hate renaming anything though, it gets too confusing. Certain stadiums can change their names, but the traditional name is the only one I'll bother using.

Yeah me neither. I don't like changing names neither, but if they offer your club say 100M for changing your stadium's name for 5 years personally i'd be up for it but like you said i'd still use the old name.

1 minute ago, Berserker said:

Yeah me neither. I don't like to changing names neither, but if they offer your club say 100M for changing your stadium's name for 5 years  personally i'd be up for it but like you said i'd still use the old name.

Agree. I feel you are trying to be cool if you don't call Newcastle's stadium St. James Park, but whatever foolish name they were which I think was Sporting Direct Arena?

Archived