talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Carabao Cup First Round Draw

football forum

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Berserker said:

Sounds like the name of some Caribbean country like Curacao. I'm fine with renaming stadiums and shit, but this is beyond acceptable as i'm sure most people now won't even know which fucking cup it is.

to be fair, there's always been a sponsor but what annoyed me is that the draw which involves lower league teams for this first round is being done on foreign soil where many of the people 1) don't care about them or 2) don't even know them. 

As someone said above, who the fuck in Thailand is going to care or know or have much interest at all in who teams like Port Vale or Lincoln will play. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

As someone said above, who the fuck in Thailand is going to care or know or have much interest at all in who teams like Port Vale or Lincoln will play. 

about 50.000 British expats living in a tropical sex heaven :ph34r:

If there was an opt out option for this tournament i'd hope we'd genuinely do it. What an embarrassing sign to show where our football is heading.

If we had the best players in the world, playing in the best league in the world, with one of the best nations (or even top eight again) at playing football I'd accept that stupid sponsor names and hosting events abroad was an inevitable step to make football a more global brand. But we don't. Our football is shite on all levels and the powers that be are more concerned with money than improving a brand that is only getting worse.

• Subscriber
On 6/13/2017 at 11:45 AM, Smiley Culture said:

Why can't it be the League Cup sponsored by Carrier Bag like the FA Cup is the FA Cup sponsored by whoever it is these days? 

A nothing competition really, I got fed up of it when our 'big' draw was Stoke City reserves at home a couple of times. 

This is a competition I wouldn't mind seeing scrapped if I'm honest. 

It's definitely heading that way. I think it'll become history in the next few years.

Another sell-out move from a sell-out country in terms of football. I expect the calls for competitive games to be played abroad will grow and that for me is past the line, and where I fuck it all off.

Globalisation is not a good thing for this game. No-one will convince me it is. Throw all the transfer fees at me you like. I'd happily do without.

• 1 month later...

Away at Coventry this Tuesday...what a terrible draw. It sounds like Conway, Gladwin, Lenihan and Dark are all out injured. With the amount of games we have coming up I'm sure there will be a few changes with the likes of Leutwiler, Caddis, Ward, Wharton, Tomlinson, Feeney etc getting some game time. 

Archived