talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chinese Consortium Want To Buy Newcastle

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not good news. It'll go on for weeks, we won't sign anyone, Rafa will leave as it is announced that it fell through late August. We will appoint David Moyes and be relegated next season.

Seriously as much as I hate Ashley I would rather we invested around £70 Million and built something. 

Give Rafa the budget he always wanted at Liverpool. He'd probably be in the same boat as missing most (or all) of his top targets without CL football... But I think a manager with the pedigree of Rafa, at a club like Newcastle (and with fans that appreciate him), with the ability to control who he signs and with a big budget.... those all sound like things that would add another quality team in the league.

7 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

The word is Ashley would sell a % of the club in return for large investment in transfers. Respect if true.

I hope that's true but it's a bit of a worry at the moment. We need to be able to crack on with transfers as quickly as possible and links with Tammy Abraham and Jota are hardly inspiring.

3 hours ago, Toony said:

I hope that's true but it's a bit of a worry at the moment. We need to be able to crack on with transfers as quickly as possible and links with Tammy Abraham and Jota are hardly inspiring.

So who do you expect to be linked with then? Abraham and Jota have had terrific seasons.

1 hour ago, Aaroncpfc said:

So who do you expect to be linked with then? Abraham and Jota have had terrific seasons.

I never said they hadn't, just said they don't inspire excitement.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Toony said:

Anybody who is Premier League proven.

Why though? Many players who have been Premier League proven have flopped at clubs. Robbie Keane at Liverpool is a prime example. 

And I don't mean to be biased, but Mahrez and Kante barely had any experience in a top division, let alone Premier League, and look how they turned out. 

If players like Delph are available I would rather give them a shot because probability suggests they can be better than what most teams have in the bottom half have. Signing championship players is ok to an extent but they might not be any better than what Burnley have got.

But I have my heart set on la liga signings :ph34r:

1 minute ago, HoneyNUFC said:

If players like Delph are available I would rather give them a shot because probability suggests they can be better than what most teams have in the bottom half have. Signing championship players is ok to an extent but they might not be any better than what Burnley have got.

But I have my heart set on la liga signings :ph34r:

Looking at France the other night going back to signing second rate Ligue One players may be the way forward.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

According to the Chronicle transfers will not be effected by any takeover.

There are 2 Chinese investors based in Shenzhen who have enquired about the club and there is also interest from the US. 

basically, Sven has left Shenzhen ready to become your boss then :ph34r: 

Archived