talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2022 - Preview Thread

football forum

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Imagine Merc, McLaren, Ferrari and RB being close? Won't just be teams vs teams but also inter-teams rivalry.

Another thing, write off Ricciardo at your peril. If the car is good, don't rule the cutey out.

Yeah, but he's 32 already, so probably won't be around for another decade. Also, way too nice and friendly xD

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
Just now, nudge said:

Yeah, but he's 32 already, so probably won't be around for another decade. Also, way too nice and friendly xD

True he is nice and friendly off track but at RB with Max. He always did go toe to toe and didn't back down. 32? Forgot he was Vettels partner at RB. Hope he still has a 2 year cameo in him.

• Subscriber

George Russell strikes me as a well-spoken young man with good media training who will do a much better job than someone like Max Verstappen or Fernando Alonso at keeping people on side when he starts getting involved in controversial incidents. He also strikes me as someone who's not afraid to stick up for himself on and off track so I can see the number of controversial incidents being quite high xD. How he behaved after that collision with Bottas at Imola was a bit telling, the mask slipped a bit there for sure until Daddy Toto had a word with him and he said all the right things in the media a day or two later to diffuse things.

George had a slightly average end to the year to be honest after that run of points finishes. Latifi qualified ahead of him a couple of times. Feels a bit like he took his foot off the gas with the Mercedes seat in the bag and P8 secured for Williams in the Constructors'. I thought he might ruffle Lewis' feathers a bit when they're team-mates but Hamilton was in the form of his life at the back end of this season and George looked a bit average. Now I think it'll take him about half a year to properly get up to speed but I do think that he'll become the team leader at Mercedes in the medium term.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

Turns out the Haas is actually quite good, just Schumacher and Mazepin are shite. We already knew about one I suppose. :ph34r:

It's actually quite telling that Shwartzman beat Mazepin's quali time on his 2nd day in the car xD 

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, nudge said:

It's just the generic 2022 concept car design, but I am really looking forward to car reveals this pre-season!

No no no no. That's the fully finished car, ready for Bahrain. Lewis is already sitting in it too, that's why he's been so quiet on social media. :ph34r:

• Subscriber

Aston Martin are the first team to confirm a release date for their 2022 car!

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/12515600/aston-martin-become-first-f1-team-to-announce-launch-date-for-new-2022-car

Mercedes - 

Red Bull - 

Ferrari - 

McLaren - 

Alpine - 

Alpha Tauri - 

Aston Martin - 10 February

Williams - 

Alfa Romeo - 

Haas - 

Who knows? It might be a winner.

• Subscriber

Next up...

Touted as a possible title winner. Let's wait and see.

Mercedes 

Red Bull - 

Ferrari - 17 February

McLaren - 

Alpine - 

Alpha Tauri - 

Williams - 

Alfa Romeo - 

Haas - 

• Subscriber

The orange team getting busy too...

Looks like a multi-disciplinary car launch for them.

Mercedes 

Red Bull - 

Ferrari - 17 February

McLaren - 11 February

Alpine - 

Alpha Tauri - 

Williams - 

Alfa Romeo - 

Haas - 

• Subscriber

Gunning for a 9th consecutive Constructors Championship...

Mercedes - 18 February

Red Bull - 

Ferrari - 17 February

McLaren - 11 February

Alpine - 

Alpha Tauri - 

Williams - 

Alfa Romeo - 

Haas - 

Archived