The better place to talk football.

F1 2022 Prediction League - Rando's Ranch House

football forum

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
10 hours ago, RondónEFC said:

Testing starts in two days, I wouldn't have thought anyone wanted to make season predictions until the end of the first test at least. I'll put up the first thread between this test and the Bahrain test in a few weeks.

I love how you keep us all anticipated and on edge. The moment will arrive, the battle will start and the fists will fly.

• Subscriber

Need to make a list of people to tag for predictions. I'll be posting the pre-season predictions soon. I'll start with: @RondónEFC @Tommy @nudge @Stan @MUFC @Whiskey @DeadLinesman @Eco @Coma @OrangeKhrush.

If you confirm your interest now, I'll make sure I tag you to remind you ahead of each race. If you don't want to be involved then let me know and you won't hear from me again. Also, if I've missed anyone, apologies, and please give them a tag to give them the opportunity to 'sign up'.

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

Need to make a list of people to tag for predictions. I'll be posting the pre-season predictions soon. I'll start with: @RondónEFC @Tommy @nudge @Stan @MUFC @Whiskey @DeadLinesman @Eco @Coma @OrangeKhrush.

If you confirm your interest now, I'll make sure I tag you to remind you ahead of each race. If you don't want to be involved then let me know and you won't hear from me again. Also, if I've missed anyone, apologies, and please give them a tag to give them the opportunity to 'sign up'.

@JoshBRFC ^

10 hours ago, RondónEFC said:

I'm in (sounds wrong).

Maybe we can take some responsibility. By this I mean you tell us the procedure for race weekends. Deadline for qualy/race predictions and bonus question responses. That way you shouldn't have to tag people as we'll know the process.

8 hours ago, RondónEFC said:

Just filling out the team-mate qualifying battle predictions thinking that on at least 7 of them, everyone is going to pick the same driver. xD

I went with Lando at McLaren first, but then went with Danny Ric to spice things up. I remember he did quite well when the last big regulation changes kicked in. 

7 hours ago, Tommy said:

I went with Lando at McLaren first, but then went with Danny Ric to spice things up. I remember he did quite well when the last big regulation changes kicked in. 

Same here. My thinking is Norris was used to the car when Danny joined. But now it's level for them both due to new regulations. 

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Tommy said:

40 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Same here. My thinking is Norris was used to the car when Danny joined. But now it's level for them both due to new regulations. 

I went for Lando. My reasoning - he puts actual effort into learning the car from the technical point of view and spends a lot of time in the factory and in the garage with mechanics working on the car on race weekends. Meanwhile, Ricciardo is self-admitted ignoramus when it comes to the engineering side, and his former mechanics at Renault were disappointed with his technical knowledge, too. 

Of course, it can happen that the new car simply fits Ricciardo's style, but all things being equal, I feel that a driver who is interested in understanding the new car and new regulations has better chances to make it work.

2 hours ago, nudge said:

I went for Lando. My reasoning - he puts actual effort into learning the car from the technical point of view and spends a lot of time in the factory and in the garage with mechanics working on the car on race weekends. Meanwhile, Ricciardo is self-admitted ignoramus when it comes to the engineering side, and his former mechanics at Renault were disappointed with his technical knowledge, too. 

Of course, it can happen that the new car simply fits Ricciardo's style, but all things being equal, I feel that a driver who is interested in understanding the new car and new regulations has better chances to make it work.

Fair point, but was he only like this at Renault or other teams? Soon as he joined Renault I instantly felt it was just a stop gap before he moved on. I think he was desperate to move from Max's shadow. I have always said he does love himself but we can't deny how sexy he is.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Fair point, but was he only like this at Renault or other teams? Soon as he joined Renault I instantly felt it was just a stop gap before he moved on. I think he was desperate to move from Max's shadow. I have always said he does love himself but we can't deny how sexy he is.

I mean, he recently said himself that he's got little interest and clue about the technical side of things, so I guess it's just how he is in general...

Archived