talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2022 Prediction League - Rando's Ranch House

football forum

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, nudge said:

I mean, he recently said himself that he's got little interest and clue about the technical side of things, so I guess it's just how he is in general...

I hope his natural talent pulls through and gets me the points 🤣

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

RAAAAAAAAACE WEEEEEEEEEK.

I have finalised the format for the weekly predictions. The picks and scoring will work as follows:

Pole Position: Pretty self-explanatory - this will be awarded realistically as "fastest in Q3". I.E. If Lewis Hamilton is fastest in Q3, then he is the correct pick. Penalties or sprint qualifying may change the starting order for the actual race but the points will be awarded here to the fastest lap in Q3. Obviously if that driver is disqualified, a la Hamilton in Brazil, then that WILL alter the result. Scoring: 5 points for the correct pick.

1st, 2nd and 3rd place: Also self-explanatory. You will pick the three podium finishers. Not much to add here. Scoring: 5 points for each correct pick. 2 points for each driver you correctly call on the podium but in the wrong spot. 5 bonus points if you call all three drivers exactly correct, meaning a perfect podium prediction scores a total of 20 points.

Random Driver: Shamelessly stolen from a podcast I listen to who do predictions, a random driver is picked each week throughout the season and you have to predict their finishing position. Each driver will appear once until we run out. Scoring: 5 points for a perfect prediction, 2 points for whoever gets closest if nobody is spot on.

Bonus Question: There will be a bonus question for each race that will change throughout the season depending on the context. This might be driver-based, team-based, number of safety cars, number of finishers, just something subject to change to make things interesting. Scoring: 5 points available (this might also be subject to change).

I will be updating the Predictions Thread today and tagging everyone who has expressed an interest in taking part. 🏎️

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

1st, 2nd and 3rd place: Also self-explanatory. You will pick the three podium finishers. Not much to add here. Scoring: 5 points for each correct pick. 2 points for each driver you correctly call on the podium but in the wrong spot. 5 bonus points if you call all three drivers exactly correct, meaning a perfect podium prediction scores a total of 20 points.

Does this still apply if the race result is adjusted afterwards? Example - Max finishes 1st, is adjudged to have got a penalty/punishment and therefore drops to 2nd. 

Or is it purely podium finisher and that's final, regardless of what happens post-race?

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Stan said:

Does this still apply if the race result is adjusted afterwards? Example - Max finishes 1st, is adjudged to have got a penalty/punishment and therefore drops to 2nd. 

Or is it purely podium finisher and that's final, regardless of what happens post-race?

It'll be the final classification, so if somebody receives a penalty an hour or two after the race and loses their podium, that will change our results. For this reason, I'll probably tend to leave it until Monday for posting results.

• Subscriber
50 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I've changed my bonus question too.

Bonus Question - will Kevin Magnussen tell Nico Hulkenberg "suck his balls" at the Bahrain Grand Prix?

I wish.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

So nobody got Hamilton in their picks for Q1 elimination nor did anyone predict Perez on pole. Also, only one person has predicted Perez on the podium at all, whilst three of us have Hamilton to make P3.

Archived