talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 1-1 Everton - Thursday 16th December, 2021

football forum

5 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

Not really the point though is it? Everton don't just have the occasional off day. They very frequently just don't turn up at all, which is why it's even commentworthy that some of them actually look like they're trying out there tonight. It's the bare minimum expectation and we don't even see it 50% of the time.

Maybe you've got some bad apples in the dressing room that lead to players not giving a shit more often than not.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Thats why your where you are because players arent consistent. Doenst mean the players arent trying. You can try and still have a shit game 

I'm not talking about literally not even trying at all. A certain level of intensity should be expected as a minimum. You can clearly see when players aren't fully up for it and are going through the motions. I really don't think this is controversial.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Mount has been embarrassingly wasteful. 

Should have buried that 1 on 1. Pickford did well on that as well to give him credit. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Should have buried that 1 on 1. Pickford did well on that as well to give him credit. 

Also had the chance earlier where he embarrassingly didn't even get in on target. James an identical situation as well he wasted. 

Take away Tuchel and our system, you will find a squad not capable of competing against Liverpool and City. 

12 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

I'm not talking about literally not even trying at all. A certain level of intensity should be expected as a minimum. You can clearly see when players aren't fully up for it and are going through the motions. I really don't think this is controversial.

You get times when you feel tired though mentally and physically. I'm not saying players dont get days when they try harder. But I'm pretty certain they try very hard most games. You wouldn't get to premier league level without a good work ethic 

15 minutes ago, Cicero said:

you will find a squad not capable of competing against Liverpool and City. 

We knew that though... At the beginning of the season we had enough depth to at least be competing for the title and would not have been expected to get results from either of those two and so far we are still there, but it's games like this one and the United/Burnley games where we could and should have been getting the right result.. It's games like tonight where Everton have been playing shit and their form is woeful but tonight is the night they dig deep and show a bit of effort... Wouldn't surprise me if they revert to form in the few games that come after this.. 

Games like this you need to be able to bring on a game changer.. A Hazard type player that can tip the balance and we don't have that currently 

46 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Patiently waiting for which one of our players will gift Everton their goal.  

Tough.

I would give it to Ziyech for needlessly giving the ball away in his attempt to "look cool", but Saul marking the ghost of Christmas past for Everton's equaliser probably tops it. 

• Administrator

Poor result for a side challenging for the title. No disrespect to Everton but considering the players they had out, you'd expect Chelsea to have won. Chelsea had their absences too but still strong enough... 

• Subscriber

Given that we'd take a point all day there with a fully fit squad, got to be very happy with that.

I will never make sense of Michael Keane. Turned into Alessandro Nesta for the last 60 minutes of that game and he'll be Bambi on ice again for the next month.

Seen plenty from Branthwaite and Dobbin there to bring them more into the fold over the next few games. Simms was no better than Rondon to be honest but I'll accept that from a teenager learning his craft instead of us bringing in pointless over the hill journeymen in their 30s.

This team definitely operating quite well in the backs to the wall situations at the moment. Just absolutely hopeless at carrying any momentum or being proactive.

Four points from Arsenal, Palace, Chelsea despite the abject performance in the middle gives Benitez something to work with and is evidence enough that we're at least on track to not go down this season. Such a painfully low bar though and it'll take a lot more than that to convince me this is the man we should be sacrificing long-serving staff and key players for.

• The title was changed to Chelsea 1-1 Everton - Thursday 16th December, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived