The better place to talk football.

2022 Formula 2

football forum

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
Just now, RondónEFC said:

Vips, Pourchaire and Lawson the standout contenders there from what I've seen. A few others like Drugovich and Armstrong, getting a bit late for them.

Pourchaire and Lawson for me, Vips' season will depend on how well Hitech solve their reliability issues, in my opinion. Wouldn't underrate Daruvala if he joins Prema, either - with his experience and their car, he should at least be a title challenger. Drugovich back in MP is a potential one, too. Doohan would probably be my dark-horse choice. Some other rookies joining from F3 (Hauger, Vesti, Sargeant) are quite a talented bunch, too. 

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Combined Day 3 Standings:

20211219_000153.jpg

That's it for the post-season test... 

Doohan looking even stronger than expected.

A Red Bull Junior? Tsunoda & Doohan for Alpha Tauri in 2022. Maybe. 

• Subscriber
59 minutes ago, Tommy said:

A Red Bull Junior? Tsunoda & Doohan for Alpha Tauri in 2022. Maybe. 

Yes. Also, he's the son of Mick Doohan, the legend of motorcycle racing!

Red Bull will have at least 6 drivers on the F2 grid next season - Vips, Lawson, Hauger, Daruvala, Doohan and Iwasa. Although Daruvala probably won't be part of the academy once the new season starts. Still, it's a high number of drivers...

Hopefully it's Vips for Alpha Tauri in 2022...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Just my annual post saying that I'm really excited about F2 and hope to follow it closely this year. 

That is, before I can't find time for it and watch about 30 minutes of tracktime xD.

With them changing to 3 races per weekend format, I struggle to find time, too. Having F2, F1 and football on the same weekend is a bit of an overkill...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

And he comes from E-Sport?

I always wondered if Turkey will ever produce a decent racing driver. 

Yes, you could say that - but it's not like he only did sim-racing before. He comes from a motocross and karting background as a kid, then GT/sportscars later, and Euroformula and Formula Regional Asian Championship last season (which was also his first season in single-seaters). He did pretty well in Euroformula, considering that he won on his debut and finished the season in 5th, despite not doing full season. 

Charouz is a poor team though, so he's unlikely to be fighting for wins either way...

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Tommy said:

*sad german noises*

I honestly struggle to think of the next German talent who could make it into Formula 2 in the near future. Zendeli is out due to budget issues, Beckmann has moved into Formula E as a reserve driver, David Schumacher switched to DTM. The only name that comes into mind is Joshua Dürksen, maybe.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived