• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2022 Formula 2

football forum

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Quite a decent race, solid and uneventful win for Verschoor. Unfortunate technical issues for Pourchaire, while Vips and Doohan both seemed to struggle with tyre wear. Credit to Iwasa, quite an impressive drive from 22nd to 8th. Hughes took out Armstrong only to suffer the same fate later in the race when he was taken out by Novalak. Daruvala v Boschung was probably the most exciting battle. 

Looking forward to the feature race tomorrow.

• Subscriber
34 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Strong race from Ayumu Iwasa so far today! 

Wtf, chaos in the pit-lane. 

Final Top10:

Good race, with too many pit stop bottle jobs. Happy for Pourchaire, and Vips did well to get the podium given the circumstances...

Iwasa was great throughout the weekend, not sure what happened after the restart there, but feel sorry for him. Still driver of the weekend for me.

• Subscriber

They need to put a cap on how many years you can actually participate in the official feeder series and/or make it conditional on your results. Maximum of 3 seasons in F2, but a maximum of 2 if you've finished outside of the top 12 or so in the Championship both times. I don't pay avid attention to F2 but Nissany, Sato and some other names seem to have been around forever without actually contributing much to the sport or entertainment or having any chance of challenging for the title or progressing to F1. Plenty of other young drivers waiting their turn.

• Subscriber

Anyone watched the quali? 3 red flags 😅

A horror weekend for Pourchaire already. Crashed during the practice, the team managed to get the car ready for the quali, and then it caught fire after 10 minutes 😬

Drugovich on pole.

• Subscriber

Penalties after qualifying:

Caldwell: 3 places for impeding
Vips: 3 places for impeding
Vesti: 3 places for impeding
Novalak: 5 places for impeding
Cordeel: 10 places for not slowing enough for red flag and double yellows

• Subscriber

I'm probably talking to myself here, but has anyone watched yesterday's sprint race? If yes, what are your thoughts on race control/Hauger's penalty? 

Feature race to start soon... Hopefully everyone stays safe.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, nudge said:

I'm probably talking to myself here, but has anyone watched yesterday's sprint race? If yes, what are your thoughts on race control/Hauger's penalty? 

Feature race to start soon... Hopefully everyone stays safe.

I didn't watch it but I heard about the sequence of events that led to his penalty and it sounds pretty outrageous. We've seen the same thing in F1, drivers penalised following poor communication from race control. Not quite to this extent here, although Hamilton could potentially make that argument about Monza 2020... Still, seems like there needs to be the room within the sporting regulations for them to give the benefit of the doubt when human error from race control leads a driver to getting a penalty.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Did you see the mechanic get hurt at the Armstrong pitstop? Looked nasty. :/ 

Yeah, hopefully nothing too serious. It needs to be coordinated better; guess the driver got the sign to go before the mechanic was actually done?

29 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah, hopefully nothing too serious. It needs to be coordinated better; guess the driver got the sign to go before the mechanic was actually done?

Seems like it. I think the mechanic still had his fingers between tire spokes when Armstrong stepped on the gas. Ouch. :|

• 4 weeks later...

Archived