The better place to talk football.

LMS League 2021-22 - Round 3 (Serie A)

football forum

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
17 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I'm probably too late (what a fucking week this has been) but if not I'll take Lazio. 

If I am too late, no worries.

Edit: Just caught up with the thread, happy to just roll onto next week.

Lazio drew 3-3 so you're out now... 

10 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

No chance... I vote we just roll on and leave you both in the dirt where you fell.... 

I like your style, ruthless. You'd make a good boss you xD

To be fair, the Italian round started so quick that some of us missed the start by the time we saw and could only pick a handful of less desirable games, that's just the way it goes :ph34r:

• Subscriber

Results - Gameweek 3A

Alright - this is my ruling. First off, @Whiskey is eliminated regardless of anyone else because with or without postponements, he didn't make a pick in time. Busy week or not, them's the rules. For the rest, anyone whose original picks were unaffected by the postponements will be judged on their decisions. This means that @Bluewolf progresses to Gameweek Four and @Storts is eliminated, having picked Sampdoria all along.

I am not going to count the picks from those people whose picks didn't play on Thursday due to the postponements. It would be unfair to eliminate @Redcanuck, @6666 and @Viva la FCB for not being online at such short notice and it would also be unfair to penalise @Stan and @CaaC (John) for switching to Sampdoria just because they happened to be online at the time. I'm also not providing a bye to these five players. Their "Gameweek Three" will happen on Sunday during the next round of Serie A fixtures. I think this is objectively the fairest approach, so here's where we stand overall:

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 15.59.38.png

Preview - Gameweek 3B

Below are the fixtures for this Sunday. @Bluewolf has the week off while the rest of the field catch up. I need picks from @Stan, @CaaC (John), @6666, @Redcanuck and @Viva la FCB. As your previous Gameweek Three pick is null and void, you are allowed to choose the same team as you did originally if you choose, but must not pick a team you used to get through Gameweek 1 or 2. As far as I know, none of these games have been postponed yet!

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 16.05.56.png Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 16.05.30.png

Good luck!

• Subscriber

Results - Gameweek 3(B)

Casualties (3)

With two players already eliminated in the first attempt at Gameweek 3, a further three incorrect picks takes the total number of casualties at this stage to five. This weekend's casualties were unable to take advantage of their reprieve following Thursday's postponements, all picking teams that were defeated on home turf on Sunday. @Redcanuck's pick of Empoli proved to be particularly disastrous as they were thumped 5-1 by Sassuolo, while @Stan and @Viva la FCB were on the wrong end of bottom club Salernitana's 3rd in of the Serie A campaign away to Verona.

Thanks for playing. Two points on the board for all of those eliminated in Gameweek Three with a chance of an extra point for joint 3rd, depending on how our survivors get on.

Survivors (2)

Joining @Bluewolf in the next Gameweek, our two survivors from Sunday's set of games both backed big names to ensure progress. AC Milan secured a comfortable 3-0 win at ten-man Venezia to take @6666 into Gameweek Four in the first game of the weekend. @CaaC (John) makes it a three-way fight for the Serie A round by backing Napoli ahead of their 1-0 home win over Sampdoria. 

Congratulations on your progress, please read ahead for the Gameweek Four fixtures.

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 08.57.38.png

Preview - Gameweek Four

With just three players left in the game, we're in tie-break territory. I'm sure you all know how this works so a brief reminder of what you need to pick from the next set of fixtures:

• A match winner, as usual one that you haven't used in the previous Gameweeks. If nobody makes a correct pick we will proceed to the two tie-break deciding picks below. If at least one person makes a correct pick, we will continue as normal.
  • A goalscoring player who doesn't have to be from the team you have chosen as your match winner. If more than one person picks a goalscoring player, they will be separated by who scored a goal earlier in their match.
  • The time of first goal in the randomly selected game, Atalanta vs Inter Milan. If the goalscorer round doesn't separate you, then whoever gets closest to the correct minute wins the round.

Below are this week's fixtures, starting on Saturday.

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 09.08.45.png Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 09.08.27.png

Good luck!

Archived