26/07/2020 - Chelsea 2-0 Wolves

Recent Form
Wolves - WLLDD
Chelsea - DWDLW

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Poor Chelsea, 'depleted' bench having vastly experienced pros on the bench and only missing one player off it.

With the amount of players in their squad(s), and the personnel they can call on, I wouldn't call that depleted in any sense. Kepa, Kovacic, Saul, Sarr and even Barkley are adequate enough options.

Only threat coming on that right side. Can’t believe its been 5 years and I’m still asking the club to upgrade on Alonso. 

Kovacic has to come on because these long balls to Pulisic is getting ridiculous. No one to transition the ball. 

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Only threat coming on that right side. Can’t believe its been 5 years and I’m still asking the club to upgrade on Alonso. 

Kovacic has to come on because these long balls to Pulisic is getting ridiculous. No one to transition the ball. 

When you have to rely him on this much, this is when you see his true level. For you and I, this was evident under Conte. Good squad option and has a clutch moment in him which is great but he does start to grate on you when you have to watch him this regularly, particularly when the team is in a bad moment, his ability and weaknesses stand out even more. He was great earlier in the season but he also came into a team that was playing really well. He can be great here and there but that's about it, his lack of mobility was particularly noticeable in the first game he had back after Chilwell's injury as we had been so used to Chilwell in that position.

4 hours ago, Cicero said:

Only threat coming on that right side. Can’t believe its been 5 years and I’m still asking the club to upgrade on Alonso

To be fair, he managed to pull this off somehow.

416517717_received_16502426653210422.thumb.jpeg.c64236a2787a76281849c8f0d030af05.jpeg

• The title was changed to Wolves 0-0 Chelsea - Sunday 19th December, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived