talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 2-2 Liverpool - Sunday 19th December, 2021

football forum

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Paul Tierney’s either one of the worst refs in the history of top flight refereeing or he’s biased against us. Klopp’s probably trying to make sure he never gets Tierney refereeing a match for us again, which probably won’t happen, so the alternative is to put a spotlight on Tierney for the next times he’s refereeing against us.

Do I think it’s particularly fair for Tierney? Nah, it definitely isn’t. But do I think it’s particularly fair that I think we’re constantly playing against Tierney when he’s officiating the match? Nah, it definitely isn’t.

And if I feel like that just watching them, I imagine the manager and players definitely feel it.

Plus people loved it when it was Mourinho or that baconfaced arsehole at United doing the same shite…

Tierney is on VAR when we play Chelsea. Manchester's Anthony Taylor is the referee

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Tierney is on VAR when we play Chelsea. Manchester's Anthony Taylor is the referee

All the more reason to put pressure on Tierney.

I dunno how Anthony Taylor is allowed to officiate any club that’s a rival of Man Utd. His dad and brother have season tickets there… but he claims he’s not a United fan. I have serious doubts xD

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbh most of them loved whatever SkySports told them to love. Which usually included loving Chelsea/United. The early 2000s was a dark time 

I mean it’s basically Sky Sports Liverpool these days 

Klopp deserves a ban now though, like Pochettino got a few years ago.

On 19/12/2021 at 18:50, Dr. Gonzo said:

Can’t help but feel robbed tbh.

Something should be done about the standard of officials in the country, because it’s a bit of a joke.

Even I thought the kane incident was a really bad decision and dont really understand why var didnt tell the ref to go to the monitor. It does happen in other leagues though mate not just here.

5 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Even I thought the kane incident was a really bad decision and dont really understand why var didnt tell the ref to go to the monitor. It does happen in other leagues though mate not just here.

Mistakes do happen in other leagues, for sure. But in this instance, you can see clearly on the replays: yes it's a red card. But taking an even closer look, the VAR official will also have seen that it's the England captain. And they were never going to send off the England captain after 20 minutes even if he deserved it.

• The topic was unpinned
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Mistakes do happen in other leagues, for sure. But in this instance, you can see clearly on the replays: yes it's a red card. But taking an even closer look, the VAR official will also have seen that it's the England captain. And they were never going to send off the England captain after 20 minutes even if he deserved it.

I dont know if it was because of that. Maybe it was. In spain though a referee didnt referee the the following week after sending of Ronaldo fairly so like I said its  not just England. It was a very bad decision though I agree. 

Archived