• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 2-2 Liverpool - Sunday 19th December, 2021

football forum

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, shut up said:

Why wasn't the Robertson goal ruled out? Definitely looked like Salah handled it

I agree they have ruled many out for something that happens in the build up yet decided to ignore that.

I recall one a couple of a seasons when Chelsea scored against Liverpool, a 21 move goal and they ruled  the 17th pass was offside. Now of course that was in the early days of VAR.

7 minutes ago, Storts said:

All technicalities but let’s be honest that goal doesn’t happen if Salah doesn’t handle it and control it like that.  By the letter of the law (as far as I understand it considering it changes every few months) it’s probably legal but also it’s definitely lucky and handball 

I agree with you on the handball, I think it causes Lloris to make a rash save which opens up the space for a TAA/Robertson link up. But by the letter it’s not a handball.

I think Robertson’s is a clear red card btw, but I do think the referee is responsible for letting things go out of control.

And talking consistency… Kane should have seen red for his challenge. So yeah, we got a legitimate red but they should have been down to 10 pretty early on in that match so it’s pretty easy to feel aggrieved.

Standard of refereeing is just pretty unacceptably poor for this level far too frequently. Look how many contentious decisions we’ve talked about in this thread, piss poor officiating.

But I still maintain the most egregious is just not sending off a player for an obvious red card. Golden boy or not, that’s always going to piss off opposing fans.

3 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Also, why is 60,000 people shouting ‘we pay your benefits’ acceptable? 

Spurs support is full of awful, Home Counties tits who look down their nose at actual Tottenham.

It's not just Spurs, it's the rest of the country. You have Geordies turning up at Anfield singing 'feed the Scousers'. Thick as shit.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

It's not just Spurs, it's the rest of the country. You have Geordies turning up at Anfield singing 'feed the Scousers'. Thick as shit.

Newcastle aren't in the south so it won't register.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

:dam:

I don't understand that. Seems like everyone who watched the game knows Kane should have walked, but only the refs and officials think otherwise :what:. Regardless of whether someone jumps doesn't take away the danger of the challenge.

Like with the Jota one where refs didn't give it because he slowed down. Bizarre reasoning.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

I don't understand that. Seems like everyone who watched the game knows Kane should have walked, but only the refs and officials think otherwise :what:. Regardless of whether someone jumps doesn't take away the danger of the challenge.

Like with the Jota one where refs didn't give it because he slowed down. Bizarre reasoning.

Just come out and admit mistakes rather than coming up with rubbish like that. The fact Robertson is jumping and Kane catches him on the shin shows how high the challenge is

14 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think Robertson’s is a clear red card btw, but I do think the referee is responsible for letting things go out of control.

And talking consistency… Kane should have seen red for his challenge. So yeah, we got a legitimate red but they should have been down to 10 pretty early on in that match so it’s pretty easy to feel aggrieved.

Standard of refereeing is just pretty unacceptably poor for this level far too frequently. Look how many contentious decisions we’ve talked about in this thread, piss poor officiating.

But I still maintain the most egregious is just not sending off a player for an obvious red card. Golden boy or not, that’s always going to piss off opposing fans.

I've seen a few clips of the decisions but missed the game so I may be missing something.

However, just judging by the different interpretations and views towards the incidents in this thread, how can consistency to referee decisions always be applied? If so many interpretations exist in this thread alone. I think consistency has and will improve with VAR but even with it, 'consistency' is something unattainable in this sport. VAR should have done something with the Kane challenge and that's where the criticism should lie.

I don't know why it's also so acceptable for Klopp to act like that with Paul Tierney immediately after the game and then later also in the press. As soon as people walk onto the football pitch it gives them the right to act like they want. I understand the annoyance and the pressure of his job but you can't just walk around laying into people like that. 

Referees have always been shit, technology has and will help things but it's just how it is. Try to name one good referee in your lifetime. It's too difficult of a job to demand consistency and such high standards, with so much interpretation and rapid decision making involved.

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Titles pretty much down now, no way Manchester City will drop that many points. 

What? 3? The have Leicester & Arsenal in the next few, so I wouldn’t engrave their name in that cup JUST yet. That being said, I also think we will drop a few more points in this next 6 weeks especially. If the ACON is cancelled then we may be able to keep pace. 

I don’t know how anybody can look at the Kane challenge and say it isn’t a red. And I don’t understand how you can look at the Jota incident as anything other than a stonewall pen. It’s not a matter of opinion, you’re just fucking wrong. 

5 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Also, why is 60,000 people shouting ‘we pay your benefits’ acceptable? 

Spurs support is full of awful, Home Counties tits who look down their nose at actual Tottenham.

The whole country hate Scousers and also think it’s alright to mock poverty. It’s one of the reasons there’s no hope for the UK tbh.

1 hour ago, carefreeluke said:

I've seen a few clips of the decisions but missed the game so I may be missing something.

However, just judging by the different interpretations and views towards the incidents in this thread, how can consistency to referee decisions always be applied? If so many interpretations exist in this thread alone. I think consistency has and will improve with VAR but even with it, 'consistency' is something unattainable in this sport. VAR should have done something with the Kane challenge and that's where the criticism should lie.

I don't know why it's also so acceptable for Klopp to act like that with Paul Tierney immediately after the game and then later also in the press. As soon as people walk onto the football pitch it gives them the right to act like they want. I understand the annoyance and the pressure of his job but you can't just walk around laying into people like that. 

Referees have always been shit, technology has and will help things but it's just how it is. Try to name one good referee in your lifetime. It's too difficult of a job to demand consistency and such high standards, with so much interpretation and rapid decision making involved.

Paul Tierney’s either one of the worst refs in the history of top flight refereeing or he’s biased against us. Klopp’s probably trying to make sure he never gets Tierney refereeing a match for us again, which probably won’t happen, so the alternative is to put a spotlight on Tierney for the next times he’s refereeing against us.

Do I think it’s particularly fair for Tierney? Nah, it definitely isn’t. But do I think it’s particularly fair that I think we’re constantly playing against Tierney when he’s officiating the match? Nah, it definitely isn’t.

And if I feel like that just watching them, I imagine the manager and players definitely feel it.

Plus people loved it when it was Mourinho or that baconfaced arsehole at United doing the same shite…

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Plus people loved it when it was Mourinho or that baconfaced arsehole at United doing the same shite…

non-Chelsea and non-Utd fans really didn't 'love it'...

• The topic was unpinned

Archived