talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

1883 (Paramount+)

football forum

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, nudge said:

What a series... proper brutal and sad. Really well done.

Brilliant series and I can't really pick one episode that was the best, if anybody reading this and is a wild west fan of the old times then I suggest you watch the whole series. 

The end scene where Shea Brennan sitting on the beach looking out to sea with the waves rolling in and the hummingbird suddenly appearing, flying around his face, he smiled, the cameras zoomed out and then you heard the gunshot, that bought a lump to my throat.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
40 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Brilliant series and I can't really pick one episode that was the best, if anybody reading this and is a wild west fan of the old times then I suggest you watch the whole series. 

Hide contents

The end scene where Shea Brennan sitting on the beach looking out to sea with the waves rolling in and the hummingbird suddenly appearing, flying around his face, he smiled, the cameras zoomed out and then you heard the gunshot, that bought a lump to my throat.

Spoiler

Yeah, the final episode was a real tear-jerker in general... Sad, brutal, utterly depressing. About 90% of characters died xD 

• Subscriber

I will get it right this time...I hope O.o

That final scene where Elsa dies in her father's arm's gutted me but I had to think fast as I was drinking wine at the time, took my eye off the tv to sup (some wine) looked up and then saw Elsa riding off with Sam and I thought "WTF?..." so I rewound it back to make sure she WAS dead. xD

Then poor old Josef losing his leg and his wife dying was another lump in the throat job. O.o

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, nudge said:

Another Yellowstone prequel series, 1932, is in the works. Will also follow the Dutton family, but 30 years later. 

It's a shame they never made a 1883 follow up centring around them all settling with James and Margaret Dalton and son young John, and then Thomas & Noemi as the main characters. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

It's a shame they never made a 1883 follow up centring around them all settling with James and Margaret Dalton and son young John, and then Thomas & Noemi as the main characters. 

Who knows, maybe they will...

On 02/03/2022 at 11:11, nudge said:

Another Yellowstone prequel series, 1932, is in the works. Will also follow the Dutton family, but 30 years later. 

Well I won't be watching that.... :ph34r: The last one got me right in the feels... 

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber
On 20/12/2021 at 11:36, nudge said:

Technically, it's a prequel for the neo-western show Yellowstone, but it's also a standalone series as the events are separated by about 150 years, and the only thing connecting the two is the family lineage.

First two episodes are out. I watched the first one, and it's incredible. Great storytelling, tone, ambience. They nailed it all. For me, it's already more captivating than Deadwood.

Highly recommended, especially to those who like a good story and proper old school Westerns. Also, to those who played Oregon Trail back in the day - it's like an expanded live action version of it.

It looks like the genre is slowly experiencing a revival, hope for more to come in the future.

@CaaC (John) you should really like it.

Also tagging @Bluewolf and @Viva la FCB for obvious reasons.

On 20/12/2021 at 16:45, Viva la FCB said:

Exciting! They showed a sneak preview before the Yellowstone episode last night. Definitely going to check it out :D

:coffee:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611fe6562927f0b4d8531

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
47 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

OkOkOkOk

Watched the pilot  beob last night. Pretty immersive so far, I just love Wild West shit. Setting up a pretty good story it looks like but I will report back once I have more to say :D

It only gets better with every episode! And more brutal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Will probably finish it off tonight, I think we've got two episodes left. Man Ive missed a good western show, probably since Godless.. maybe I should rewatch that after....

Anyways pretty good overall so far I feel. You really get a good feel for what it must have been like and for many different walks of life and many different stories. I love that Taylor Sheridan was in it again too :)

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Will probably finish it off tonight, I think we've got two episodes left. Man Ive missed a good western show, probably since Godless.. maybe I should rewatch that after....

Anyways pretty good overall so far I feel. You really get a good feel for what it must have been like and for many different walks of life and many different stories. I love that Taylor Sheridan was in it again too :)

Sheridan and other Yellowstone creators seem to be bringing some really good Western series lately, with even more to come...

As someone who loves the genre, it's good to see its revival! I watched the first episode of Billy the Kid yesterday, and am yet to watch That Dirty Old Bag...

• Subscriber

All wrapped up. Pretty nice tie in with the ending, as soon as they mentioned Montana I kinda knew where it was going. Some great story telling overall though I loved it from start to finish. Great showing of the harsh brutalities and I feel like it was fairly realistic with how it was all done. Really interesting with all the different groups with different motivations and backgrounds sort of working together for the same goal. Great central character with Isabel May and how the story was being told from her perspective as the naive dreamer coming of age. Kinda poetic in it all in the end. Definitely going to check out more as they come out with it this was top shelf stuff. 

Archived