Arsenal vs Sunderland (live on Sky)

Wednesday 22nd December, 2021
Brentford vs Chelsea
Liverpool vs Leicester
Tottenham vs West Ham (live on Sky)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Stan are you still missing all of your CBs?

Chances are you'll be facing a Liverpool with a pretty weak midfield (because no Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago, or Curtis Jones) - but we've still got some decent midfielders available. But if you're still without CBs, I think that tips things a bit more in our favour.

No Origi, which is a shame because this is a match he'd probably have started and he's looked hungry to prove himself this season

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

@Stan are you still missing all of your CBs?

Chances are you'll be facing a Liverpool with a pretty weak midfield (because no Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago, or Curtis Jones) - but we've still got some decent midfielders available. But if you're still without CBs, I think that tips things a bit more in our favour.

No Origi, which is a shame because this is a match he'd probably have started and he's looked hungry to prove himself this season

As far as I'm aware we have Soyuncu, Vestergaard and a youth CB, Ben Nelson available. 

Which doesn't fill me with confidence. Word is that Barnes hasn't travelled, and Vardy/Maddison may be out. 

God knows what our squad will be and I think it'll be largely changed. So as weak as the midfield is for you, we're generally weaker anyway. 

I expect you to still be strong - Firmino to play? Jota loves a goal against us so I wonder if he plays any part he may still score. 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

As far as I'm aware we have Soyuncu, Vestergaard and a youth CB, Ben Nelson available. 

Which doesn't fill me with confidence. Word is that Barnes hasn't travelled, and Vardy/Maddison may be out. 

God knows what our squad will be and I think it'll be largely changed. So as weak as the midfield is for you, we're generally weaker anyway. 

I expect you to still be strong - Firmino to play? Jota loves a goal against us so I wonder if he plays any part he may still score. 

I suspect Firmino and Jota will play - but I have no idea how many minutes would go to either player. Pep Ljinders has said we'll be putting out a relatively strong side against you.

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I suspect Firmino and Jota will play - but I have no idea how many minutes would go to either player. Pep Ljinders has said we'll be putting out a relatively strong side against you.

Plus you'll have the ref with you after the hammering Tierney got from Klopp. Can't imagine the next ref will want to face that barrage again :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Plus you'll have the ref with you after the hammering Tierney got from Klopp. Can't imagine the next ref will want to face that barrage again :ph34r:

One can hope.

I heard Tierney's on VAR for our next league match, so that's going to be fun - probably gonna get all kinds of bullshit decisions from VAR there xD

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

One can hope.

I heard Tierney's on VAR for our next league match, so that's going to be fun - probably gonna get all kinds of bullshit decisions from VAR there xD

You sure? He's on VAR for our next match against Man City too xD

Chris Kavanagh (also a weak shit ref) is the ref for that game. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

You sure? He's on VAR for our next match against Man City too xD

Chris Kavanagh (also a weak shit ref) is the ref for that game. 

I thought I was sure, but I've just double checked and he's not xD

Kavanagh's an awful ref. Him and Tierney on VAR is like getting Eifel Towered - nobody wants that.

I'd really love to win this. Never seen us win this all the time I have been supporting arsenal. Dont get me wrong I'd rather qualify for the champions league, that is the priority but love to win a cup as well 

• Administrator

Few big players in Liverpool's lineup. Not as weak as I thought it may be. Firmino, Minamino, Henderson, Oxlade, Tsimikas and Gomez all with plenty of experience. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Few big players in Liverpool's lineup. Not as weak as I thought it may be. Firmino, Minamino, Henderson, Oxlade, Tsimikas and Gomez all with plenty of experience. 

I'm surprised Henderson's able to start. I actually think the side's a bit weaker than I thought it'd be given what the assistant manager had said in his press conference - but yeah, no doubt it's a strong side.

Has Neco Williams ever played RW for us before? I'm not sure he's ever started a match in a more advanced position like that - but I think he's played there before once or twice.

A bit excited to see how he fares playing as a winger for us. Because while Trent gets a lot of shit for his "defensive frailty" - Trent's actually significantly better than Williams defensively. Neco's always impressed me going forwards, tbh, but defensively he's prone to the odd several errors.

I think trying to convert him to a winger might be the best option for him going forward. And as a squad player for us, being able to play in both positions definitely increases his value to the squad - so I hope he does well.

51 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Has Neco Williams ever played RW for us before? I'm not sure he's ever started a match in a more advanced position like that - but I think he's played there before once or twice.

A bit excited to see how he fares playing as a winger for us. Because while Trent gets a lot of shit for his "defensive frailty" - Trent's actually significantly better than Williams defensively. Neco's always impressed me going forwards, tbh, but defensively he's prone to the odd several errors.

I think trying to convert him to a winger might be the best option for him going forward. And as a squad player for us, being able to play in both positions definitely increases his value to the squad - so I hope he does well.

Williams moved to RW v Preston and Milan I think

• The topic was unpinned

Archived