The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup 2021/22 - Quarter-Finals

football forum

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Devil said:

Spurs got beat by Liverpool in the Champions league final.

If it was a Spurs Vs Liverpool final I think Spurs would use that as motivation.

Hahah I don’t think we would. We’d want to win cause it’s a final. Nothing to do with revenge 

4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I'd fancy us to beat you. I think we will take it more seriously.

You'd probably take it more seriously, but I think Klopp's halftime changes indicate he's taking the competition more seriously than we'd have thought.

The way I think the club will see it now is it's 3 matches away from winning a trophy. Sure it's not as great of a trophy as literally any of the other ones we're trying to win this season - but it's still a trophy.

Out of the 3 other sides in the tournament left, I think the squad's best suited to take you on over the rest - I think Chelsea are one of the harder sides in the country to get wins against, even if they're a bit out of form and struggling to find the net consistently. Spurs with Conte are a bit of a different animal to how they've been recently - and honestly, I hate when we're up against Conte's sides. He's a good manager at making his sides irritating to play against.

I think Arsenal are a good squad and can definitely beat us over two legs. But I also think we've got a strong squad and can beat you over two legs as well. I doubt Koumetio plays in the semi and I think he's simply just not ready for football against premier league quality teams yet - looked like a deer in the headlights in that first half and Konate was miles better (which I think you'd expect of a CB that cost that much money).

8 minutes ago, Storts said:

Hahah I don’t think we would. We’d want to win cause it’s a final. Nothing to do with revenge 

I'm sure the players that played in that CL final would be extra up for the possibility at winning a final against the side that beat them the last time they met in a final, though. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm sure the players that played in that CL final would be extra up for the possibility at winning a final against the side that beat them the last time they met in a final, though. 

Genuinely don’t think they would. There is no comparison to a CL final. This would be just another final. Can’t imagine any element of revenge would play a part. Very different times 

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You'd probably take it more seriously, but I think Klopp's halftime changes indicate he's taking the competition more seriously than we'd have thought.

The way I think the club will see it now is it's 3 matches away from winning a trophy. Sure it's not as great of a trophy as literally any of the other ones we're trying to win this season - but it's still a trophy.

Out of the 3 other sides in the tournament left, I think the squad's best suited to take you on over the rest - I think Chelsea are one of the harder sides in the country to get wins against, even if they're a bit out of form and struggling to find the net consistently. Spurs with Conte are a bit of a different animal to how they've been recently - and honestly, I hate when we're up against Conte's sides. He's a good manager at making his sides irritating to play against.

I think Arsenal are a good squad and can definitely beat us over two legs. But I also think we've got a strong squad and can beat you over two legs as well. I doubt Koumetio plays in the semi and I think he's simply just not ready for football against premier league quality teams yet - looked like a deer in the headlights in that first half and Konate was miles better (which I think you'd expect of a CB that cost that much money).

Its fairly even I think. To be honest any of the teams left could win it.

10 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Its fairly even I think. To be honest any of the teams left could win it.

Yeah I think so too, but I do think getting paired with Arsenal suits us best. Dunno why, it's not exactly the most thought out thought I've ever had xD

• Subscriber

Embarrassing and I'm absolutely furious. We will never get a better chance to win at Anfield and we cave in with some of the most inexplicable game management I've seen in a long time. I've never seen a more beatable Liverpool XI.

Where the fuck are the balls in this team? Time and time again we just collapse pathetically and I'm really fed up of it now. We seriously place no value on the mental side of the game at all anymore and it's utterly infuriating.

Anyway - our fans only sing those daft songs because of the reaction it gets every time without fail. There's a reason it isn't sung against others where it could be just as applicable.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

Anyway - our fans only sing those daft songs because of the reaction it gets every time without fail. There's a reason it isn't sung against others where it could be just as applicable.

It's had a hand in you losing the tie. No way the crowd is that up for a League Cup game without it.

• Administrator

Almost gets worse each time you see it. Ref had a better view of it than I first thought. Liverpool down to 10 changes the whole complexion of the game... 

Morton needs to reign that shit in. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Rick said:

What a massive bottle job from Leicester btw.  

Should never had taken Dewsbury-Hall off. Shouldn't have brought on Bertrand.

Going defensive too early invited pressure and that mindset killed us. 

Not the first time Rodgers has been responsible for that. Another implosion of sorts. 

20 minutes ago, Stan said:

Should never had taken Dewsbury-Hall off. Shouldn't have brought on Bertrand.

Going defensive too early invited pressure and that mindset killed us. 

Not the first time Rodgers has been responsible for that. Another implosion of sorts. 

This is Rodgers. You lost out on champions league twice when you were in the driving seat and then you get games like this and the ones in Europe. He can’t take you any further. 

I thought we were somewhat fortunate yesterday not to be behind in the first half.

We were toothless upfront with the youngsters and vulnerable on the counter and Brentford threatened to open us up with Kepa making at least two good saves.

With the introduction of the subs Brentford imploded a bit the defender scoring an own goal was not under pressure and Pulisic's run across the box earning the penalty after the keeper was late. 

A cracking atmosphere in the London derby and now for the old grudge match with Spurs. With the added bonus of Conte the second of the Chelsea managers in the last decade to win the league with Chelsea now managing them. Too close to call

In the other semi, Arsenal are having a revival though will Liverpool be too much for them. 

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Rick said:

This is Rodgers. You lost out on champions league twice when you were in the driving seat and then you get games like this and the ones in Europe. He can’t take you any further. 

I think these things have happened too many times to be considered a coincidence. He falls short that bit too often for it to be considered bad luck. It's his undoing. He needs to get more ruthless in games. Why did he stop attacking? Even with Konate on your defence was still very attackable. I think we ought to have scored 5 in the circumstances.

The Bertrand/KDH sub was absolutely ridiculous.

14 hours ago, LFCMike said:

It's had a hand in you losing the tie. No way the crowd is that up for a League Cup game without it.

What songs? Feel like your lot are quite thick skinned these days with a lot of the feed the scouser/poverty type songs

5 minutes ago, Danny said:

What songs? Feel like your lot are quite thick skinned these days with a lot of the feed the scouser/poverty type songs

The poverty ones wind a lot of people up. Particularly when they're so frequent.

The Gerrard one is expected from pretty much everyone. You've just gotta laugh at fans singing about their own manager losing out on a league title though xD

• Subscriber
36 minutes ago, Danny said:

That is definitely not the case which is why it still happens.

24 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

The poverty ones wind a lot of people up. Particularly when they're so frequent.

The Gerrard one is expected from pretty much everyone. You've just gotta laugh at fans singing about their own manager losing out on a league title though xD

That's a good point though xD

47 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Yeah I don’t like the poverty ones, just assumed it was a by the by thing for your fanbase now.

The Gerrard thing is more unusual all things considered 

• Administrator
11 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Understand why @Stan was so mad now.* COVID not being as bad as he wanted and his side spunking a lead at the team/city/people he hates most in the world. If Carlsberg did weeks, it wouldn't be this one for arl Stanley.

*Please try and understand, I do want you as a fan..

Grow up. 

I can't be arsed with you. You're a waste of time and space on here. There is literally no point in discussing anything with you. A lost cause. You're no different to when you last left. 

'covid not being as bad as he wanted'. How dare you? Fuck off. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived