The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup 2021/22 - Quarter-Finals

football forum

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Get in! Vardy scores after Maddison assist. 

How the fuck is Morton only getting a yellow for that? Dirty cunt 

Let's see what Klopp says about that tackle. 

• Administrator
Just now, LFCMike said:

Leicester fans have sang 'feed the Scousers' three times in the first 15 minutes. Weird cunts.

We can't be the only ones who ever do that though surely xD? I agree it's a weird one. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I imagine he'd probably agree it could have been a red like he did with the Robertson one at the weekend?

I mean, it's pretty ironic though. He can rant and rave at refs and get no punishment other than a booking. Rodgers does that and can you honestly say he'll escape with nothing? Anyway, Liverpool back in. The delight is palpable, one might say! 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Leicester fans have sang 'feed the Scousers' three times in the first 15 minutes. Weird cunts.

Also, no different to any away fans singing 'you're just a small town in Baghdad' at the King Power. Weird cunts everywhere xD

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

A lot of clubs from the midlands are particularly bad about that tbh. Obviously not all Leicester fans are dickheads (our Leicester lads on here are two of the best posters on the forum imo and very far away from dickheads) - and obviously not all fans of clubs from the midlands are dickheads (except Wolves fans possibly). But I think it's weird as fuck so many gleefully chant things that are mocking poverty.

A lotta people are just dickheads though.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Also, no different to any away fans singing 'you're just a small town in Baghdad' at the King Power. Weird cunts everywhere xD

Yeah - just a lot of dickheads everywhere tbh.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

I mean, it's pretty ironic though. He can rant and rave at refs and get no punishment other than a booking. Rodgers does that and can you honestly say he'll escape with nothing? Anyway, Liverpool back in. The delight is palpable, one might say! 

Yeah? Honestly most managers don't even get booked when they go mental at officials. As long as he doesn't accuse the officials of being biased/corrupt in the post match interview he'd probably get away with a booking at the most.

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah? Honestly most managers don't even get booked when they go mental at officials. As long as he doesn't accuse the officials of being biased/corrupt in the post match interview he'd probably get away with a booking at the most.

Klopp got pretty personal after the game and got nothing, that's what I'm on about. 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Klopp got pretty personal after the game and got nothing, that's what I'm on about. 

Tierney got off easy with those "personal" attacks - being told you're objectively terrible at your job by a colleague probably doesn't feel great, but when someone's objectively shit at their job... it's probably a necessary evil to get told exactly how bad you are at it. Tierney ruined that match and isn't going to face any consequence for being terrible at his job at all. Forgive me if I think it's alright that Klopp, or any manager, give the referee both barrels.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tierney got off easy with those "personal" attacks - being told you're objectively terrible at your job by a colleague probably doesn't feel great, but when someone's objectively shit at their job... it's probably a necessary evil to get told exactly how bad you are at it. Tierney ruined that match and isn't going to face any consequence for being terrible at his job at all. Forgive me if I think it's alright that Klopp, or any manager, give the referee both barrels.

It's not for a manager to say just because they've been done over by. I don't think you can justify it even though he might have deserved it, at least not from a manager saying it. Its why you see most managers be a bit coy in the post match conferences because they know they'll get done over with a fine or ban. 

As I said in the other thread, it's not right that Tierney will escape punishment, but that doesn't mean Klopp (or any manager) should be the one to decide to say how shit they are. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

It's not for a manager to say just because they've been done over by. I don't think you can justify it even though he might have deserved it, at least not from a manager saying it. Its why you see most managers be a bit coy in the post match conferences because they know they'll get done over with a fine or ban. 

As I said in the other thread, it's not right that Tierney will escape punishment, but that doesn't mean Klopp (or any manager) should be the one to decide to say how shit they are. 

Yeah well the way things are currently, if managers don't tell them... they're never going to hear it from anyone that'll influence them to be better. They're not going to get pressured by Mike Riley to be any better at their jobs. They don't speak to the press.

In a more perfect world, Mike Riley would have been bounced out of being a referee early on in his career and would never have wound up as the man in charge of all football officials. But he is and as a result, I don't think we're going to see any kind of change from the top down until he's replaced with someone that's competent... and that in itself is a massive ask.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

It's not a big mistake by the goalkeeper but Alisson wouldn't have conceded that I don't think

Or the first one I reckon. 

Looked like he got a slight hand to that last Vardy chance which ended up hitting the post. 

20 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wow ridiculously good strike from Vardy to keep Leicester ahead.

Our kids look shit compared to this pretty strong Leicester side xD

Klopp is a great manager no doubt. And all managers put the league cup last. But earlier the assistant manager was doing the interview. It seems almost like he doesn't care about it. I'd be a bit mad if I was a liverpool fan. It does seem he doesn't get the cup culture in England sometimes.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived