talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup 2021/22 - Quarter-Finals

football forum

4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Klopp is a great manager no doubt. And all managers put the league cup last. But earlier the assistant manager was doing the interview. It seems almost like he doesn't care about it. I'd be a bit mad if I was a liverpool fan. It does seem he doesn't get the cup culture in England sometimes.

I just noticed I said Vardy instead of  Maddison in the post you quoted xD

Tbh, I don't really care if we're in the League Cup or not. Winning would be nice, but I'd be lying if I said I'd really care all that much if we're knocked out. If it was the FA cup we're treating like this, then yeah I think it's annoying.

But I don't Carabao this cup once we're not in it anymore.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Great chance for Vale but heads straight at the keeper... only our second shot on target in the whole half

Vale and SB have done well. Simons is struggling and will need to be taken off at some point. 

11 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Klopp is a great manager no doubt. And all managers put the league cup last. But earlier the assistant manager was doing the interview. It seems almost like he doesn't care about it. I'd be a bit mad if I was a liverpool fan. It does seem he doesn't get the cup culture in England sometimes.

I don't think he rotates any more than most other managers in the cups. His hands are tied tonight with the scheduling and current Covid situation. 

Considering the team and the circumstances they have performed well tonight... can't fault the effort

Still wondering how this game went ahead given we have 8 players with Covid where Spurs games among others get postponed?? makes no sense to me... 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

A lot of clubs from the midlands are particularly bad about that tbh. Obviously not all Leicester fans are dickheads (our Leicester lads on here are two of the best posters on the forum imo and very far away from dickheads) - and obviously not all fans of clubs from the midlands are dickheads (except Wolves fans possibly). But I think it's weird as fuck so many gleefully chant things that are mocking poverty.

A lotta people are just dickheads though.

Yeah - just a lot of dickheads everywhere tbh.

Think @Danwould be offended by this, he’s definitely a massive dickhead, give him some credit

Those 2 saves from Kelleher make up for those 2 "errors" (idk if you can call them that tbh, they're not massive errors) of the first half. Deserved because we've been very good in that second half - think with a bit more experience in the starting XI we'd probably not have gone down so early.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived