talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup 2021/22 - Quarter-Finals

football forum

• Administrator
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Hilarious. 3-1 up against toddlers and Sun reading cunts couldn’t even get over the line. 

The delight is palpable. 

Don't read the Sun but whatever floats your boat right. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Hilarious. 3-1 up against toddlers and Sun reading cunts couldn’t even get over the line. 

A Pyrrhic victory for Liverpool though, it will only harm their title chances being in this meaningless competition.

Why?

Its only two games and they have the squad to manage it.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Those 2 saves from Kelleher make up for those 2 "errors" (idk if you can call them that tbh, they're not massive errors) of the first half. Deserved because we've been very good in that second half - think with a bit more experience in the starting XI we'd probably not have gone down so early.

Probably wouldn't have got to penalties had Morton been sent off or Jota potentially for the elbow to Thomas' face. 

BUT, having said that, Rodgers subs in the 2nd half, especially taking KDH off invited all the pressure on us. Soyuncu was enforced, but no need to bring Bertrand on. He's been less useful than a chocolate teapot. No use for him at our club and hasn't performed at all. 

We are the makers of our own downfall sometimes. 

• Administrator
Just now, Devil said:

Rodgers position in any question?

Probably was in some quarters before this game given the Europa League exit. 

This was a competition we could have used to qualify for EL again so it's not ideal in the slightest. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Probably wouldn't have got to penalties had Morton been sent off or Jota potentially for the elbow to Thomas' face. 

BUT, having said that, Rodgers subs in the 2nd half, especially taking KDH off invited all the pressure on us. Soyuncu was enforced, but no need to bring Bertrand on. He's been less useful than a chocolate teapot. No use for him at our club and hasn't performed at all. 

We are the makers of our own downfall sometimes. 

Yeah I think Morton was really lucky to stay on the pitch tbh. With VAR he probably walks after that first bad challenge. There was also another challenge (also on Ricardo, I think) where I think another referee could have maybe given a second yellow.

Easily his worst performance for us so far today imo.

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Liverpool’s squad is massively inferior to Manchester City’sand Chelsea ‘s. They could do without these games.

Hardly going to damage their title chances.

Also I'm a United fan and I don't believe is massively inferior at all. Major exaggeration that claim.

Just now, shut up said:

The midlands in general is proper tory/ukip territory though, as Gonzo mentioned, so proper wrong 'uns there.

2019 General Election Results

Seats       Tory     Labour

The North 68        87

Midlands   82        22

The South 194      67

All seem to love the England national team too. Which is always a bad sign.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Probably was in some quarters before this game given the Europa League exit. 

This was a competition we could have used to qualify for EL again so it's not ideal in the slightest. 

All out for the conference league, it might be a new trophy and the lesser wanted of the European trophies but it's still a trophy.

Just now, shut up said:

The midlands in general is proper tory/ukip territory though, as Gonzo mentioned, so proper wrong 'uns there.

2019 General Election Results

Seats       Tory     Labour

The North 68        87

Midlands   82        22

The South 194      67

I actually didn't know that - I just said midlands clubs tend to have a lot of dickheads who chant dickhead things.

Matching that up with voter preferences is interesting and does explain a lot though.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Devil said:

All out for the conference league, it might be a new trophy and the lesser wanted of the European trophies but it's still a trophy.

We're not a club that should be turning our noses up at winning trophies. Not like we win them regularly, so I think we should be going all out for it. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Storts said:

Why is Vardy such a bottle job? Always seems to do this in shootouts 

No idea why he didn't take one either. Odd choice. Takes them during a game so really unsure as to why he's not one of the 5. 

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I would like Spurs, for the potential of denying Kane of winning a trophy while he's in a final for the second time.

Wouldn't trust Klopp to not field a mixed reserve side to prove a point pal. He's so stubborn in that sense.

Conte would field a full strength team desperate for revenge for the Champions league final.

But then again Chelsea would be up for it as well.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived