talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ferran Torres - Heading Back to Spain to Join Barcelona

football forum

16 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Ferran’s registration happened with the weirdest of accounting moves. Umtiti was out, the club haven’t wanted him for a while but he has refused every single offer that’s come in. So Barcelona have come to an agreement with Umtiti where he can stay and adding an extra year on his current contract. His wages have been spread throughout the remainder of his contract with a lump sum paid in the final year of his contract.

What a shambles, what a total mess!

But I suppose Barcelona have achieved getting a really good young player, a player they really couldn’t afford.

He'll be even better when they loan him to Atletico Madrid in two and a half years after purchasing Brahim Diaz from AC Milan for 80 million.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Spike said:

He'll be even better when they loan him to Atletico Madrid in two and a half years after purchasing Brahim Diaz from AC Milan for 80 million.

There’s even talk of brining back Marc Bartra... Their cluelessness knows no bounds.

Barça literally need to look at Arsenal and realise they only have one way back which includes something very difficult for clubs the size of Barcelona to digest and assimilate... Patience! STOP SIGNING PLAYERS!

This is a great Twitter thread that’s been posted which explains in detail (for those that don’t get bored by reading about numbers, I do, but I endured it) how the Ferran Torres transfer was made considering Barcelona’s serious financial issues.

It also goes into interesting detail on how big those financial problems actually are and how frivolous and reckless the previous tenure was.

I suggest clicking on the tweet and reading the whole thread if you want to know how it was managed.

Archived