talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 3-0 Crystal Palace - Sunday 26th December, 2021

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 15.00 (GMT)

Live on BT Sport

dcx8hug-6bbdc9f9-c40f-44d3-a073-a5350a65        VS      821px-Crystal_Palace_FC_logo.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
11/09/2021 - Crystal Palace 3-0 Tottenham
07/03/2021 - Tottenham 4-1 Crystal Palace
13/12/2020 - Crystal Palace 1-1 Tottenham

Recent Form
Tottenham - WDLWW
Crystal Palace - DWLLL

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, shut up said:

Spurs have done quite well out of this current covid situation havent they? Had their games called off and played two depleted teams back to back 

Yep, worked out nicely for them. Plus out of a shit competition they didn’t want to be in, so no fixture pile up when their games are rescheduled after the January window ends. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, shut up said:

Spurs have done quite well out of this current covid situation havent they? Had their games called off and played two depleted teams back to back 

To be fair, the only game we actually had called off for our Covid was Brighton. Leicester game was called off because of Leicester and Burnley cause of snow, but yeah working out alright currently 

1 minute ago, carefreeluke said:

Conte just happy to give up possession at home to teams like this, used to piss me off. Spurs will probably win on the counter at some point or through a mistake but still.

Adds to my point why this type of football isn’t sustainable long term. 

8 minutes ago, Danny said:

Zaha gets wound up so easily

Said that to a mate of mine who is a Palace fan the other week and he said it’s because he gets fouled all the time. Any time I watch him these days, it’s either him moaning or giving the ball away. The moaning makes him a bit unlikeable for me. I always think moaning to that extent and about those kind of things, is a waste of time and not beneficial to anyone.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Rick said:

Zaha is an idiot, but that first yellow shouldn’t be one. Still, have the ref a very easy decision to make. He probably wants to go out on the lash after the match. 

That first yellow they all seem to fail to notice was because he was annoyed he didn’t get a foul just before. Was another classic Zaha looking for retribution foul. Knew what he was doing imo. Idiot 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

Very petulant behavior from Zaha. Jon Moss was quick to get his cards out but a grown man should behave better.

Sums it up yeah. Moss is a dreadful ref and could easily have let that first one go. But Zaha is never going to grow out of that petulant streak 

@The Palace Fan

Educate me if needed. 

The problem with Zaha as well with the moaning is that he's not even that good anymore, you could perhaps tolerate and stomach the tantrums, the grumbles and the whinging if he was performing to previous high levels but he isn't, he gives the ball away a lot whilst being given a luxury role in the team.

If you're that type of player you need to be in the referee's ear to some extent because those type of players do lack protection at times but not to extent Zaha is, it makes him unlikable, he's like that every time he plays against us and any time I watch him, it really turns the opposition fans against him during games as well.

He's been sat on his laurels for a while now, maybe he needed that move that didn't happen but looks to me a player that knows his role and position isn't under threat and can just maintain it by just plodding along. I get the impression he should be doing more given his ability.

2 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

Said that to a mate of mine who is a Palace fan the other week and he said it’s because he gets fouled all the time. Any time I watch him these days, it’s either him moaning or giving the ball away. The moaning makes him a bit unlikeable for me. I always think moaning to that extent and about those kind of things, is a waste of time and not beneficial to anyone.

Yeah, the problem is that every flair player gets fouled a lot, you have to take it in your stride. If you don’t you’ll get fouled more because everyone’s always trying to get under his skin. It’s what we tried to do against him at the beginning of the season.

I missed all the football today due to festivities but I heard about the Zaha sending off.

Makes you wonder if that was linked to the game at Selhurst when he was having previous beef with Tanganga and some Spurs players then.

If so, he's taken the bait big time hasn't he.

• The title was changed to Tottenham 3-0 Crystal Palace - Sunday 26th December, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned
On 26/12/2021 at 16:22, carefreeluke said:

@The Palace Fan

Educate me if needed. 

The problem with Zaha as well with the moaning is that he's not even that good anymore, you could perhaps tolerate and stomach the tantrums, the grumbles and the whinging if he was performing to previous high levels but he isn't, he gives the ball away a lot whilst being given a luxury role in the team.

If you're that type of player you need to be in the referee's ear to some extent because those type of players do lack protection at times but not to extent Zaha is, it makes him unlikable, he's like that every time he plays against us and any time I watch him, it really turns the opposition fans against him during games as well.

He's been sat on his laurels for a while now, maybe he needed that move that didn't happen but looks to me a player that knows his role and position isn't under threat and can just maintain it by just plodding along. I get the impression he should be doing more given his ability.

He's still statistically the second most influential player in our team behind Conor Gallagher. Because of his influence over previous seasons I think when he goes through an average patch it seems worse than it actually is. If we had signed him this summer people would be very happy with what he's produced.

As for his petulance, whilst we shouldn't make excuses for him I think that's unfortunately what comes with having a player that plays on the edge. Eric Cantona, Ian Wright, Wayne Rooney etc were all similar. Sometimes it works to your advantage (see when Tanganga got sent off and we won 3-0), days like yesterday he let's the side down. I hoped with age he'd refine his game a little but that doesn't seem to have happened.

As for the game I don't know why we tried to get the fixture postponed given the lineup we put out. Given we sent the players home from the hotel because we assumed the game would be cancelled we really created an uphill battle for ourselves. Whilst eight players out is a lot, it's still only one change from the Southampton game. The way the pundits were talking I was expecting a load of Under 23s to play.

As for the game itself it was practically a reverse of the fixture at Selhurst in September. A satisfying 3-0 win for the victors against ten men. There wasn't really a lot Osain Roberts could do. The only positive was seeing Nathan Ferguson.

As for Spurs I thought Lucas Moura was brilliant. Once he got behind Mitchell (who I thought was our best player) and stretched our defence we were in trouble. Once Harry Kane scored it did feel a case of "how many".

Two big home games for us now against out of form Norwich and West Ham. Whilst we've played all the greedy six away from home every team will be eyeing three points against us now when they're playing at home. So it's not much of an advantage anyway.

Archived