talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle 1-1 Man Utd - Monday 27th December, 2021

football forum

Just now, Honey Honey said:

Got a Garmin venu 2. Think it's about £200-250. 

With 2 keepers on the bench and 2 kids, plus now Wilson and ASM injured, we've got to do everything we can to get the next 2 games called off. Do what others do and exaggerate injuries and covid.

Why dont you go down there and cough on the players.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Utd were absolutely awful, and if I was a fan I would be asking why that is the best performance put out after a fortnight off. What have they been doing in training? Because they look no different. Don’t play as a team, just a bunch of shit individuals. 

The problem for Newcastle is the number of sides they need to get ahead of. It does look like 3 from the bottom 4. But a few others can't let themselves relax.

For neutrals it probably is the most fascinating relegation battle for a while.

For Man United, more of the same. They're just not the powerhouse they used to be. Their star players are ageing. Not as good as what a few other sides have. Or worst, not much better than what mid-table to bottom half sides have to offer. Liverpool, Chelsea & Man City are packed with wingers who learned to score goals quite prolifically. Man United always carry a feeling that they are packed with strikers, or old fashioned 2nd strikers, that have tried to become wide players. And not doing quite so well. All that, plus the well documented midfield issues. Equals this result or worse every now & then.

Manchester United certainly haven’t had the ‘bounce’ in performances you often get with a new manager. Let’s not forget they’ve been essentially coachless for 3 years, it will take time for Ragnick to get them into a functioning, drilled team. Main worry is that he’s not got much time, whoever they bring in will surely have to agree with how Ragnick wants to play otherwise it’s a waste of 6 months really. 

• The topic was unpinned
15 hours ago, Lucas said:

I still find it hard to believe they have Ronaldo, Bruno, Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho and Martial as attacking options and yet it's Cavani who is the undroppable one.

Not sure Bruno is in the same category as the rest of those, but out of that list, Cavani is the most reliable for me. If we're looking at ability, consistency and work rate, he seems to be the most balanced.

• The title was changed to Newcastle 1-1 Man Utd - Monday 27th December, 2021

Archived