• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round 20 PL Matches - 28-30th December, 2021

football forum

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Pathetic from the lot but expected. 4 home games on the trot now. 

Goal was to stay close to City but we managed to completely throw that away in a matter of days. 

By next month City will be running away with the title and you and us will be thinking "wow the wheels popped off so quickly."

I think it's a one horse race, tbh. Our clubs are only contenders if City manage to massively bottle it, I think.

1 minute ago, carefreeluke said:

After we scored and until Kanté came on yeah which was a significant period, they controlled and dominated the game.

Yea, they pressed us almost constantly not allowing any time on the ball and where our passing needed to be quicker to counter it we dawdled on the ball and lost out most of the time.. Pulisic was the worst offender of that tonight, running with the ball until he was boxed in and then losing it.. It was a horrible watch... When we did get the pass away it was rushed and ineffective.. 

23 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Yea, they pressed us almost constantly not allowing any time on the ball and where our passing needed to be quicker to counter it we dawdled on the ball and lost out most of the time.. Pulisic was the worst offender of that tonight, running with the ball until he was boxed in and then losing it.. It was a horrible watch... When we did get the pass away it was rushed and ineffective.. 

"The LeBron James of soccer" has been dreadful really this season, surprised he doesn't get more criticism. Also looks defensively suspect in that position at full back where the Brighton players looked a step ahead of him every time they came down his side. To be fair to him playing as a lone striker or at full back doesn't do him any favours but looking at his price tag, he should be performing a lot better, the same can be said for a good amount of the attacking players.

Hudson-Odoi deserves some criticism today as well but Mount's end product has been well off recently and arguably a lot worse than Callum's. Lukaku had a good game with the service and support he had available. 

11 minutes ago, Rick said:

Fed up of this, watching City beat teams week in week out and not getting out of 1st gear. How are you mean to compete with it, it’s impossible. 

Guardiola's an exceptional manager mate, he just needs the Champions League with them now to cap it.

• Administrator
Just now, Danny said:

Mads Bech, Mads Roereslev, Dominic Thompson, Fernandez, Mads Bidstrup…an exceptionally young and inexperienced team put in a solid effort and just wasn’t able to try and snatch a point.

Mads.

52 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Hudson-Odoi deserves some criticism today as well but Mount's end product has been well off recently and arguably a lot worse than Callum's. 

I say this with the utmost respect mate. Give your head a wobble. 

CHO’s finishing is appalling and arguably the worst out of anyone in the top 6. My patience with him is now at an all time low. Burnley, United, Villa, and now today he’s missed chances 9 times out of 10 any competent attacker puts away. 

46 minutes ago, Cicero said:

CHO’s finishing is appalling and arguably the worst out of anyone in the top 6. My patience with him is now at an all time low. Burnley, United, Villa, and now today he’s missed chances 9 times out of 10 any competent attacker puts away. 

Have you already forgotten? 

GW8 Differentials: Timo Werner

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Mount's end product, be it final pass, finishing or general decision making recently has been dreadful as well. I can probably think of more situations where he's fucked up in recent times than Hudson-Odoi. Hudson-Odoi's moments have been more heavily criticized considering what they meant for the game, the United chance, the chance today against Brighton as well. 

Ziyech constantly gives the ball away and it's hard to think of anything worthwhile that has come from his supposedly talented left foot since he's been here. 33M pounds, 28 years old. Makes Willian look like Messi.

Pulisic gets injured every two minutes, runs into brick walls, constantly loses the ball or gets muscled off it. Nearly 60m pounds. 

Mount's been good here and there this season but nowhere near the standards of the last two seasons, his goal tally and assists are relatively good but his performances in general haven't been what they were.

Havertz has perhaps performed better than Pulisic and Ziyech but is also very inconsistent and probably puts in more average or bad performances than he does good.

Hudson-Odoi deserves criticism, I'm not saying he doesn't but he's offered more in the games he's played this season than the others, maybe Mount aside. I'm not defending him because he's young, with the amount Callum is earning he should be treated like the more senior pros, I just think at times he's easily scapegoated in comparison to some of the dross he competes with. Hudson-Odoi is capable of performing better but he's comfortably offering more to the team than those around him. I want him to play with more personality and purpose, that frustrates me about him but overall I think at times the others around him get away with murder.

Brighton played well yet we should have won we had enough chances, just not clinical.

I was interesting to see if CHO would become a provider for Lukaku yet it didn't happen yesterday.

Teams are now guessing our passing patterns making it tricky, first time passing beats this, as can a dribble yet that runs the risk of losing the ball. However first time passing to create the final ball would be more welcome too many touches  stopping the break.

Lukaku is better in the air than I gave him credit for.

We were just getting our midfield players back and now key defenders getting injured so not looking good. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived