talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round 20 PL Matches - 28-30th December, 2021

football forum

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Salah and Mane are bound to be fatigued physically and mentally.

To be fair they just had about 10 days off and I expected a lot more from them today. 

Same with Alexander-Arnold. 

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

But football isn't always won on paper. Salah and Mane are bound to be fatigued physically and mentally. If Sterling is tired, out comes Grealish. If De Bryune is tired, out comes B.Silva or Gundogan. If Mahrez is tired, out comes Foden or Jesus.  

Asking Liverpool to compete against that with only Minamino and Origi was always going to be difficult in the long run.

I don't think moaning about the squad is valid after tonight. Most of our 11 hadn't played since Tottenham, 9-10 days ago or whatever it was.  That was probably the biggest issue with our performance and being a bit off it.

16 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I don't think moaning about the squad is valid after tonight. Most of our 11 hadn't played since Tottenham, 9-10 days ago or whatever it was.  That was probably the biggest issue with our performance and being a bit off it.

These days off are always a trade off. 

On one hand you'll have a more fit squad, but on another hand you'll risk your players losing sharpness. 

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I gave up on Chelsea as champions when City dicked them down and the gulf in class was a mile wide. Now Liverpool have all but lost their shout. 

IF and I mean IF Arsenal pull something out of the bag & we win our game in hand I will always fancy our chances in the game against them to level things up. That’s if we don’t drop anymore  stupid points. 

Just now, Rick said:

IF and I mean IF Arsenal pull something out of the bag & we win our game in hand I will always fancy our chances in the game against them to level things up. That’s if we don’t drop anymore  stupid points. 

Our game against them is in April if I'm not mistaken. Not sure how many games that is before the end of the season but we'd need to be within about 6 points for that game to have any meaning.

• Subscriber

One minute the fixture congestion is killing the players and their welfare, now it was actually to Leicester's advantage they played Man City two days ago. Next thing you know Leicester missing all of their centre backs will have actually been an advantage even though that was the root of all of Liverpool's problems last season. xD.

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Big fan of Klopp getting beaten after a six day rest while Leicester played 48 hours before but that’s the sort of competition the big clubs are so desperate to eradicate.

21 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

One minute the fixture congestion is killing the players and their welfare, now it was actually to Leicester's advantage they played Man City two days ago. Next thing you know Leicester missing all of their centre backs will have actually been an advantage even though that was the root of all of Liverpool's problems last season. xD.

To be fair to Klopp he's acknowledged the irony of his comments and the result tonight... 

• Subscriber

That is a side I can be genuinely proud of. That was brilliant. It's an XI that has absolutely no business beating this Liverpool side yet they just never fully caved in. That's exactly the kind of performance I can resonate with.

All the analysis you do and all the interpretations people have yet sometimes it really is just thorough desperation that gets you the points at times. They should be proud of themselves after that.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

That account is definitely run by a virgin who lashes out at anyone that dares disagree with them.

Klopp undone himself though, almost negated saying we deserved the win by saying 'if we had played how we're able to play, I think we'd have been the winner.' 

What's he saying here? Have I misunderstood him saying that if we had rolled over for Liverpool it's easier for him? As opposed to try and nullify their main threats and win it how we want to? Annoys me when managers think they can dictate how other teams should set up against them. Pep is the absolute worst for it. When teams sit back and defend he gets all pissy. Attack his teams but lose and he comes out with 'they played really well, credit to them, they're a good side...'. 

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

Knew it was too much to ask for Salah to bag big points tonight at a time he becomes a differential in FPL.

I made him triple captian tonight seeing how bad Leicester was against us, finished the game with zero points :4_joy:  ..shame I can't do treble captain every week :ph34r:

1 hour ago, RondónEFC said:

Can tell you don't know the city you claim to support a team from. Leicester were literally screaming 'bin dippers' and 'we pay your benefits' at people from Liverpool. Have a word with yourself if you think they're your mates,.

'Oh it's just banter'....Hull fans screaming 'town full of pakis' at Leicester is just banter is it? Of course it is not, it's a racist disgrace and those sort of chants are the same level. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, RondónEFC said:

Liverpool were shite, Leicester deserve a lot of credit, Lookman scoring the winner is very amusing from my perspective, and any fanbase that still signs Feed the Scousers are an absolute embarrassment. Might have been slightly funny in a sad, edgelord manner a couple of decades ago but now it's very middle-aged divorcee telling the same jokes as he did as a teenager thinking they're still just as funny.

3 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Can tell you don't know the city you claim to support a team from. Leicester were literally screaming 'bin dippers' and 'we pay your benefits' at people from Liverpool. Have a word with yourself if you think they're your mates,.

'Oh it's just banter'....Hull fans screaming 'town full of pakis' at Leicester is just banter is it? Of course it is not, it's a racist disgrace and those sort of chants are the same level. 

Have a day off mate, just one.

3 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

Have a day off mate, just one.

I'm not sure the proves what you think it does.

Liverpool, and Everton, are subject to abuse that is because of the city they're from. It's bullshit and if it was any other city it would not happen. That twat @Dan tried to say it was because it gets a reaction, ok...well I'd love to see him come to Lime Street and call someone a 'bin dipper'. The point of 'banter' (horrific word) is that it's grudgingly accepted and light hearted. The stuff about Liverpool is not.

They get called 'sensitive' 'victims' but no other city gets the vitriol chucked at them that Liverpool does. 

I know Leicester fans like the back of my hand, they're the same as Hull.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived