• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Best Covers

football forum

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Pretty much everything on American V by Cash was a quality cover, I love "god's gonna cut you down" personally.

It wasn't a great version but Cash is to easy to pick on.

I preferred this cover from Nivarna personally.

I'd probably say this goes in to the top 5 covers of all time

• 7 months later...
On 13/06/2017 at 23:20, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't think I've ever heard a Beatles cover I've liked. Even Coroner couldn't pull me in with a cover. The originals are always significantly better.

Bob Dylan's been covered really well though.

All 3 of those shit all over the Nobel Prize winning songwriter's versions imo. But I hate his voice - can't deny that he's a fantastic songwriter. Otherwise those covers would have been shite.

Bonus metal cover:

Prefer Dylan's version on all of those, even if I am in a massive minority when it comes to All Along the Watchtower. Hendrix's version is amazing, a sonic experience but for me Dylan and acoustic guitar is an unbeatable combination, the lyrics and the biblical connections seem more together with his version.

Then again I don't think there will ever be an artist on a par with Bob Dylan, I get people don't like his voice but I love it, he's done more than anyone to change music for me. A truly remarkable genius who stands apart from any of his peers, as good as many of them were and are. 

• Subscriber

I used to dislike Dylan's voice, but actually learned to appreciate it,  especially for the amount of emotion in his delivery of any song. The Dylan/Cash Sessions recordings from 1969 is what changed my opinion, mostly. Oh and I absolutely love A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall.

3 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Prefer Dylan's version on all of those, even if I am in a massive minority when it comes to All Along the Watchtower. Hendrix's version is amazing, a sonic experience but for me Dylan and acoustic guitar is an unbeatable combination, the lyrics and the biblical connections seem more together with his version.

Then again I don't think there will ever be an artist on a par with Bob Dylan, I get people don't like his voice but I love it, he's done more than anyone to change music for me. A truly remarkable genius who stands apart from any of his peers, as good as many of them were and are. 

Yeah fair enough, if you love an artist who gives a fuck what my opinion or anyone else's is. Music is for the listener.

I think Dylan is one of the best lyrisists ever. I'm not a fan of his voice, but that's just me personally. There's no doubt at all he's a legendary artist at all though & there's a good reason for that.

• 4 months later...

Normally, I think the Beatles shouldn't be covered. This isn't better than the Beatles version... but it's still very good

*edit* Lol did I already post this in here? I've clearly mentioned it in that post of mine that was quoted earlier in here... and I say I didn't like it haha. I guess time changes things.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 21/08/2018 at 16:08, Machado said:

Whitney's version is actually a cover as well.

Oh and I just found out that Twist and Shout is also a cover ... mind blown.

I knew about Twist and Shout... but I had no idea Whitney’s version was a cover

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/06/2017 at 08:20, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't think I've ever heard a Beatles cover I've liked. Even Coroner couldn't pull me in with a cover. The originals are always significantly better. 

This is the best Beatles cover I've seen. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Harry said:

And the above cover of while my guitar gently weeps where prince steals the show with the guitar solo is pretty special too

That's my personal favourite Beatles cover:

Archived