talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Grenfell Tower Block Disaster

football forum

• Administrator

Student flats in Bolton gone up in flames last night. Allegedly same cladding as what Grenfell had yet in 2017 they were 'assured' it didn't have the same dangerous cladding... 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Stan said:

Student flats in Bolton gone up in flames last night. Allegedly same cladding as what Grenfell had yet in 2017 they were 'assured' it didn't have the same dangerous cladding... 

What a fucking joke and to think the Grenfell fire was 3 years ago and all these supposed safety checks that were done since then, some peoples heads should be on the chopping blocks and I bet you with the general election in full swing some MP's will start pumping their gums about this latest fire and start accusing and counter accusing each other for the sake of winning a vote, they can fuck off if they do, lucky enough there was only one injury reported what I have read.

https://www.google.com/search?q=grenfell+tower+inquiry&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB790GB790&oq=Grenfell&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j0l5j69i60l2.12163j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Subscriber

5 hours ago, Stan said:

Fire Chief now saying it was not the same cladding as Grenfell but it still makes no difference if nearly all other cladding can do this? 

Assistant chief fire officer Dave Keelan, of Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS), said: "The fire... really did spread very quickly and that was evident to see on the footage that's on social media."

He said an investigation had been launched into the blaze and confirmed the "cladding on this building was not the same as that on Grenfell", which was destroyed by a fire that killed 72 people in 2017.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-50445311

• Subscriber

Saw this over the weekend and had an inkling I knew about the company that own the building...

The company that own those student flats are apparently very well known for bending the rules and cutting corners. They owned a block in Leeds which was for starters not completed on time and students had to live in hotels for a couple of months and then when the place was finally opened, fire safety guidelines were not put in place or communicated to the residents.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/16/managers-of-student-halls-ravaged-by-flames-failed-fire-inspection-in-leeds-11167374/

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived