talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Grenfell Tower Block Disaster

football forum

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like someone is a little sensitive about a joke and in itself criticism concerning the blase nature of the mayor of London as well as the non-nonchalant attitude of the town's council that dismissed all previous complaints about the issues of Grenfall. How about you fuck off @LFCMike you humourless twat. What is it 80+ people are dead and I can't even make a joke mocking the powers that less these things happen.:dam:

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Spike said:

Cladding fires are part of the parcel of living in tower flats.

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

boo hoo

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

Looks like someone is a little sensitive about a joke and in itself criticism concerning the blase nature of the mayor of London as well as the non-nonchalant attitude of the town's council that dismissed all previous complaints about the issues of Grenfall. How about you fuck off @LFCMike you humourless twat.

Oh come on mate, this has come across as massively insensitive immediately following Harv's post and if you were being ironic it didn't come across because I read it the same way Mike did, which is only made worse by the fact that you're replying with the "boo hoo" comment.

12 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Oh come on mate, this has come across as massively insensitive immediately following Harv's post and if you were being ironic it didn't come across because I read it the same way Mike did, which is only made worse by the fact that you're replying with the "boo hoo" comment.

And? People make jokes about all tragedies. I bet you had a few knee slappers when it has come to dark subjects like the Holocaust and 9/11. This isn't some forbidden topic just because it's a fresh mark in the annals of history, that'd be hypocritical. I didn't weep when 36 people died in a fire in Oakland a few months (where was the thread for that?), why would I for this? People only give a toss because it's their country. You can feel about it anyway you want and I will as well.  Don't like what you read? Report me or just toss me on the ignore list, it's your prerogative, I won't hold it against you. 

I empathise with the people suffering and I wouldn't make that joke towards them but I'm not going to walk on egg-shells around you lot because you feel offended by an insensitive comment.

22 minutes ago, Spike said:

Looks like someone is a little sensitive about a joke and in itself criticism concerning the blase nature of the mayor of London as well as the non-nonchalant attitude of the town's council that dismissed all previous complaints about the issues of Grenfall. How about you fuck off @LFCMike you humourless twat. What is it 80+ people are dead and I can't even make a joke mocking the powers that less these things happen.:dam:

Given the nature of other posts by you on different topics it never came across that way and it seems like I wasn't the only one to take it like that. If you were making a joke about how the establishment and authorities have failed these people then fair enough but it didn't seem that way when I read it

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Spike said:

And? People make jokes about all tragedies. I bet you had a few knee slappers when it has come to dark subjects like the Holocaust and 9/11. This isn't some forbidden topic just because it's a fresh mark in the annals of history, that'd be hypocritical. I didn't weep when 36 people died in a fire in Oakland a few months (where was the thread for that?), why would I for this? People only give a toss because it's their country. You can feel about it anyway you want and I will as well.  Don't like what you read? Report me or just toss me on the ignore list, it's your prerogative, I won't hold it against you. 

I empathise with the people suffering and I wouldn't make that joke towards them but I'm not going to walk on egg-shells around you lot because you feel offended by an insensitive comment.

If it was in any way witty or funny in a dark way I'd see where you're coming from but it was neither. It wasn't an offensive joke, just an offensive comment so I'm baffled by you calling someone a humourless cunt for getting offended by it. 

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

If it was in any way witty or funny in a dark way I'd see where you're coming from but it was neither. It wasn't an offensive joke, just an offensive comment so I'm baffled by you calling someone a humourless cunt for getting offended by it. 

Humour isn't objective. How can you be baffled? You didn't find it funny, so you move along. I called him a humourless cunt simply because he simply told me to fuck off. Wouldn't have resorted to that language otherwise. I talk to people how they talk to me.

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Given the nature of other posts by you on different topics it never came across that way and it seems like I wasn't the only one to take it like that. If you were making a joke about how the establishment and authorities have failed these people then fair enough but it didn't seem that way when I read it

You're allowed to interpret it however you please.  I thought it was pretty obvious I was mocking the incompetence of the elite but I suppose people don't follow the same train of thought.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Spike said:

Humour isn't objective. How can you be baffled? You didn't find it funny, so you move along.

xD so if you didn't find it funny when Mike told you to fuck off why don't you just move along instead of getting rattled and replying twice before he's even got back to you calling him a humourless cunt and tagging him in the post just to make sure he doesn't miss it? I'm still not even clear whether your initial comment was a bad attempt at a joke or you were just trying to piss someone off. 

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

You're allowed to interpret it however you please.  I thought it was pretty obvious I was mocking the incompetence of the elite but I suppose people don't follow the same train of thought.

Clearly not. You've always come across as a cunt so I expected the worst to be honest

Just now, RandoEFC said:

xD so if you didn't find it funny when Mike told you to fuck off why don't you just move along instead of getting rattled and replying twice before he's even got back to you calling him a humourless cunt and tagging him in the post just to make sure he doesn't miss it? I'm still not even clear whether your initial comment was a bad attempt at a joke or you were just trying to piss someone off. 

Because Mike's post was never meant to be a joke, and if it was then it was simply a mutual misunderstanding. As I said before, I thought it was an obvious joke. I'm not rattled.

4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Clearly not. You've always come across as a cunt so I expected the worst to be honest

:ay:Well that's too bad because I actually like both of you.  Oh well, can't please everyone, just being myself. Let's just leave it at that, we don't need to be talking about this here.

You made the comment to be argumentative and give yourself the chance to sit on your high horse.

What the constant threat of terrorism in major cities has to do with one single horrific high rise fire I don't know.

28 minutes ago, Danny said:

You made the comment to be argumentative and give yourself the chance to sit on your high horse.

What the constant threat of terrorism in major cities has to do with one single horrific high rise fire I don't know.

Not really, to be quite honest I didn't think much of it let alone this sort of response. :o Wasn't really meant to relate the two incidents, just the same blase opinion the elites always have on incidents the sort of laissez faire these things happen nonsense; when most of the time it is avoidable. 

Just me taken out of context.

9 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I'm saying the blame isn't solely on one party, anybody involved should be brought to justice. I'm hardly a fan of new Labour, they are as culpable as the Tories for the pathetic state of many of our inner cities. Clearly though the Conservative council has big questions to answer, whether or not Tory boys like you like it or not.

You are the man who rants on here like a sociopath my friend, hatred and bile in nearly every post. I hope you're different around your family.

lol it's not about a political party then next sentence blames one. 

I'm not full of hate and bile, I lean right that doesn't make me a horrible person. I've said numerous times those that stay on the left as they get older become very bitter people. 

8 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Let's keep it classy, there's no need to question someone's mental health.

It was a serious question, if he did have a problem I'd have just left it at that and walked away from the discussion. 

1 hour ago, Spike said:

I agree in fairness it's become "oh I'm offended people censor your opinions" on here. It must be a generational thing, some serious cases of pmt at times. 

Just now, Fairy In Boots said:

I'm not full of hate and bile, I lean right that doesn't make me a horrible person. I've said numerous tiles those that stay on the left as they get older become very bitter people. 

It was a serious question, if he did have a problem I'd have just left it at that and walked away from the discussion. 

I agree in fairness it's become "oh I'm offended people censor your opinions" on here. It must be a generational thing, some serious cases of pmt at times. 

Eh, maybe I'm just overly cynical and honest (not that others' aren't honest, just honest for my own feelings) for most people.  I think there are certain behavioral norms and actions for incidents like this, especially when they are so new in the public conscious and I've tread and pissed all over the line. TO be honest it was naive of me to say something like that not to expect a response, I probably project and expect the same level of cynicism from others, which I shouldn't.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

It's just lost in translation. This is what we have the ninja for. If you forget to use the ninja the joke intent can be lost.

Sort of weird how true this actually is if you stop and think xD.

13 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I'm not full of hate and bile, I lean right that doesn't make me a horrible person. I've said numerous times those that stay on the left as they get older become very bitter people. 

You could make the same argument that those who lean on the right become ignorant people...the problem with leaning one way or another is everybody wants to class you as something, and ironically do so more after they've become tired of being stereotyped themselves.

18 minutes ago, Danny said:

You could make the same argument that those who lean on the right become ignorant people...the problem with leaning one way or another is everybody wants to class you as something, and ironically do so more after they've become tired of being stereotyped themselves.

Yeah there's something in the right for sake of being right. There's also a lot of arrogance on the right, of you hold a mirror up to both left and right they often display the same characteristics just at opposite ends of the spectrum. Case in point I'm stereotyped as nasty and vile because I allegedly stereotype others. 

Surely there will be intense examinations of similar apartment buildings across the UK? Ultimately it is shocking that poor regulation and the vanity if sprucing up Brutalist architecture is the catalyst for all those lives lost. You have to wonder why so much time and money is spent on a plastic facade.

22 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Not sure how true some of these points are in terms of responsibility, I know some of them to be true, but it is interesting in terms of the role of council, the investigation will reveal all

Stop it Harvz it's the fucking vile Tories, they stopped kids milk you know. 

Archived