• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 1-2 Man City - Saturday 1st January, 2022

football forum

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Does Xhaka's left leg in the way not impede Silva?

Why does Xhaka pull his shirt anyway?

Not for me. Looked like he was looking for the contact if anything. 

2 minutes ago, shut up said:

How is it complete collapse? We've been brilliant and the officials have handed city the game. 

Losing your heads prematurely after being well in front. 

Just now, shut up said:

Officials have handed them the game, let's be honest here.

Absolutely. No pen against Ederson, joke of a pen against Xaka, then a second yellow for Gabriel while Rodri had lunged in twice and received fuck all. 

3 minutes ago, shut up said:

How have we lost our heads?! It's a poor penalty decision & a second yellow card for a nothing challenge, it happens. Stop posting lazy analysis like Talksport do 

Gabriel literally got his first yellow from scuffing the penalty mark. 😂

He then went in to bash Jesus moments later. If that isnt reacting poorly to adversity in a game you were well on top i don’t know what is. 

• Administrator

That doesn't mean we've lost our heads though does it, blocking someone xD

Wasn't exactly a nothing challenge though was it?

7 minutes ago, shut up said:

Officials have handed them the game, let's be honest here.

It is amazing how everything just always somehow works out for Pep, going back to Barcelona days in Europe especially. They’ve been in cruise control this season and even when things go wrong, a decision or something will come along to keep them on course. 

Just now, shut up said:

Scuffing a penalty spot doesn't mean youre losing your head. Loads of players do it

Stop talking shite mate

After receiving adversity, you reacted by getting a needless yellow and then go on to get a stupid yellow moments later to get sent off in a game you were well on top. 🤷‍♂️

I’m speaking truth whether you want to believe that or not. 

24 minutes ago, Cicero said:

This type of great performance followed by a complete collapse from Arsenal reminds me of us under Lampard. 

Wouldn’t say Arsenal have collapsed, even with the red card they’ve played really well to keep it at 1-1

It’s simple. VAR didn’t intervene on the first pen shout (even when Ederson made contact with the player first) because it wasn’t ‘clear and obvious’ to the ref. VAR then decides to intervene on the second pen shout (replays show Silva going to ground before Xaka touches his shirt) even though it wasn’t ‘clear and obvious’ to the ref. 

We’ve either got inept officials or they are bent. Simple as that, and both scenarios are shit for football fans. Fuck every single of these premier league referees, they are all as bad as eachother. 

Why do you keeping mentioning we were on top, like that means anything? It was Ramsdale who scuffed the penalty spot, and that always happens.

The second yellow happens, and it's just one player making a mistake. Log off for a bit because you're not making any meaningful contribution to the thread

So being on the front foot the entire first 45 minutes and then continuing on in the second half means nothing? Gabriel reacted poorly to the penalty and scuffed the penalty spot. He then reacted even more poorly by challenging Jesus to get sent off. 

I understand you want to back your team in a good performance like this and to top it off, against some absurd officiating, but this doesn't mean you cannot take accountability for some of your players reacting poorly in a game you were more than likely to see off as victors. 

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Wouldn’t say Arsenal have collapsed, even with the red card they’ve played really well to keep it at 1-1

And had Gabriel stayed on, who knows? 🤔

Just now, Cicero said:

So being on the front foot the entire first 45 minutes and then continuing on in the second half means nothing? Gabriel reacted poorly to the penalty and scuffed the penalty spot. He then reacted even more poorly by challenging Jesus to get sent off. 

I understand you want to back your team in a good performance like this and to top it off, against some absurd officiating, but this doesn't mean you cannot take accountability for some of your players reacting poorly in a game you were more than likely to see off as victors. 

And had Gabriel stayed on, who knows? 🤔

Maybe but if Arsenal walk out of the Emirates with a 1-1 draw then that’s a big result against the best side in England, especially after what happened at the Etihad.

Just now, Danny said:

Maybe but if Arsenal walk out of the Emirates with a 1-1 draw then that’s a big result against the best side in England, especially after what happened at the Etihad.

I'd say a 1-1 draw would be disappointing if the performance before the sending off has anything to go by. 

Just now, Stan said:

as if that cunt Rodri scores. Lucky to be on the pitch with the amount of fouls he's made.

Jesus hates me. There’s no way that cunt should still be out there and he scores. I fucking hate it so much. 

Just now, shut up said:

I've never seen a more undeserved win in my life.

Rob Holding at fault? About right

He probably had to make that tackle to be fair.  Fans chucking things on the pitch which wasnt good to see.  Can understand it though I was so mad I might have chucked something myself 

• The title was changed to Arsenal 1-2 Man City - Saturday 1st January, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived