talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 1-2 Man City - Saturday 1st January, 2022

football forum

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I'd say a 1-1 draw would be disappointing if the performance before the sending off has anything to go by. 

I think your expectations of Arsenal are too far ahead of where they are, comparing to Lampard who had the world bought for him sort of adds to that.

Difficult loss for Arsenal this but I still think they’ve played well all things considered, City just don’t stop attacking you.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Inverted said:

English clubs twerking for City again, the usual.

Quite the narrative people try to establish as if this doesn't happen for Liverpool and other top teams when they're in form as well. Arsenal went to Liverpool and lost 5-0 if I remember correctly.

• The title was changed to Arsenal 1-2 Man City - Saturday 1st January, 2022
Just now, Danny said:

I think your expectations of Arsenal are too far ahead of where they are, comparing to Lampard who had the world bought for him sort of adds to that.

Difficult loss for Arsenal this but I still think they’ve played well all things considered, City just don’t stop attacking you.

I think you need to give your head a wobble and see the investment Arsenal have had the past 5 years. With investment, there's ambition.

And that is aside the point, we are talking about a performance from Arsenal today who was on the front foot against City the entire game before the sending off. They were there for the taking and this would of seized their top 4 place to an utmost certainty. 

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I think you need to give your head a wobble and see the investment Arsenal have had the past 5 years. With investment, there's ambition.

And that is aside the point, we are talking about a performance from Arsenal today who was on the front foot against City the entire game before the sending off. They were there for the taking and this would of seized their top 4 place to an utmost certainty. 

You’ve been caught up in the Arsenal winning games hype and trying to conflate it to a wider level of failing at a level they’re yet to achieve.

Arsenal aren’t a side who can seize top 4 with utmost certainty this season, putting that expectation on them is overhyping them. They’re not that good as a team and they lack at the very least a 20-30+ goal a season striker, another centre mid and another centre back to be competitive with Gabriel and White, not Rob Holding.

I don't remember being so angry after the final whistle in a long time. Wanted to go out and fight every man city fan I could find. There arent many of the cunts though 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Damn!

We were so close to getting something out of a game that a year ago was completely out of our league. Even a draw would’ve felt like a victory. 

But we’re getting there slowly but surely.

Look who it is. Happy New Year and nice to see you back.

One player lost his head for a few seconds. Suggesting the whole team lost their head is the biggest load of bollocks I have ever heard on my life. 

Gabriel was stupid to get those two yellows, Martinelli should have put the ball into the empty net, I can't complain about those things, but the refereeing inconsistencies have ruined that match. If the officials were competent we would've won.

Our performance was very encouraging for the rest of our season, it fills me with hope, but these 3 points dropped are massive.

That Bernardo penalty is a difficult one. I don’t think he was actually impeded physically. He’s dived for a start and the shirt pulling doesn’t impede him at all.

But a shirt pull is a foul regardless, so in that context it’s a penalty.

4 minutes ago, Danny said:

That Bernardo penalty is a difficult one. I don’t think he was actually impeded physically. He’s dived for a start and the shirt pulling doesn’t impede him at all.

But a shirt pull is a foul regardless, so in that context it’s a penalty.

It may well of been one. But I didn't feel it should of been changed. Especially after our penalty claim. Have to see what they say on ref watch. To be honest once a player gets sent of it will be very difficult. That was the real turning point 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived