talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 1-2 Man City - Saturday 1st January, 2022

football forum

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@SirBalon  @6666 @...Dan to be positive I think we probably beat alot of teams on that performance. And basing it on that performance you cant say we bottled it against a big team again because if it wasnt for one player we probably get a draw at least. I'm actually more confident of us getting top 4 than I was after the big wins against leeds and norwich despite losing. For me man city and beyern munich are the best two teams in the world you need everything to go your way to beat them. I'd feel confident against liverpool and man utd at home based on that performance. 

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@SirBalon  @6666 @...Dan to be positive I think we probably beat alot of teams on that performance. And basing it on that performance you cant say we bottled it against a big team again because if it wasnt for one player we probably get a draw at least. I'm actually more confident of us getting top 4 than I was after the big wins against leeds and norwich despite losing. For me man city and beyern munich are the best two teams in the world you need everything to go your way to beat them. I'd feel confident against liverpool and man utd at home based on that performance. 

I know how it reads, but I’m not all that fussed about the result right now. I was when the final whistle blew but now I feel like I’ve been feeling for quite some time which is simply being happy with the genuine progress we’ve made. Where we were and where we are now is like the difference between night and day. It goes beyond results and more about seeing these kids become more and more competitive.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Are we sure Whiskey is Cannabis though?

One’s drinkable and the other is smokable

Stop it my heads spinning. I'm still not to sure 😂

14 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I know how it reads, but I’m not all that fussed about the result right now. I was when the final whistle blew but now I feel like I’ve been feeling for quite some time which is simply being happy with the genuine progress we’ve made. Where we were and where we are now is like the difference between night and day. It goes beyond results and more about seeing these kids become more and more competitive.

One thing I liked in a weird kind of way was the devastation of the players at the end. They were gutted to loose that match. It wasnt like ow well they were really upset. That kind of drive will help us. Also I think saka has been amazing in the way he dealt with missing the penalty in the euro final. Out of all the players who missed he is the one who has really not let it destroy him and has used it as motivation. Takes alot of character to do that.

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I've managed to track down Cannabis but his IP is showing as the same as another member, if I send you a PM can you have a look into it on the dashboard @Stan?

Go for it. Its worth looking into. 

33 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I've managed to track down Cannabis but his IP is showing as the same as another member, if I send you a PM can you have a look into it on the dashboard @Stan?

When did Halewood Toffee rejoin?

:ph34r:

8 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I'm going to assume that @Whiskeyis cannabis. If it was brian who came back on through using a different IP address we would never get this confusion 😂

whats a brian?

7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

When did Halewood Toffee rejoin?

:ph34r:

i'll cut you.

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

He catches him alright. But he catches the ball first IMO. 

I'm not gonna lie, you @Rick and the Arsenal Dinosaur all have a bias here. I think it's close, but was a great call. 

He does not catch the ball first at all. I do have a bias, but it doesn’t mean I’m wrong. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

He catches him alright. But he catches the ball first IMO. 

I'm not gonna lie, you @Rick and the Arsenal Dinosaur all have a bias here. I think it's close, but was a great call. 

I have a bias too and I think it was a superb decision. Definite pen for city and Ederson definitely got the ball. Exceptional officiating  

@Devil-Dick Willie it's not clear whether he got the ball or not. Thats the point though. It would have been wrong to override it. People on this forum dont agree there is enough debate for me.  I'm happy enough with that.  But I also didn't think their penalty claim should have been overridden either.  Both should have stayed with the original decision I think. There was enough debate over both. And if you are referring to me being bias. I think you need to read though my posts. I've defended referee more than the referees union. Theres no bias in what I have said about the decisions. 

5 hours ago, Cicero said:

From reading this paragraph in particular, I am reminiscing your posts cricticing how we handled Barcelona in 2012 and not beating them with a more expansive brand of football considering our investment and ingoring the fact we had Raul Meireles, Ramires, and a 34 year old Frank Lampard in midfield. 

Fuck off mate. Lampard was great at 34 and Raul Mireles was inexplicably baller for you lot. 

12 minutes ago, Storts said:

I have a bias too and I think it was a superb decision. Definite pen for city and Ederson definitely got the ball. Exceptional officiating  

That's the spirit lad. 

If the refs keep this up Klopp might punch a bitch, then blame the wind like I did in year 2 when I punched Dylan Coulstock straight in the schnoz. 

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, Machado said:

@Stan is a bit dodgy. I've been suspecting he is StanLCFC who used to be an admin also. Let's start laying the cards while we're at it.

That's a seriously wild accusation... 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived