talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brentford vs Aston Villa - Sunday 2nd January, 2022

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 14.00

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Brentford_FC_crest.svg.png       VS     1200px-Aston_Villa_FC_crest_(2016).svg.p

Last 3 Meetings
28/08/2021 - Aston Villa 1-1 Brentford
13/02/2019 - Brentford 1-0 Aston Villa (Championship)
22/08/2018 - Aston Villa 2-2 Brentford (Championship)

Recent Form
Brentford - LLLWD
Aston Villa - LWLWL

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I thought it'd be impossible to see a more embarrassing dive than Silva's yesterday but Trezeguet has managed it there.

It’s genuinely one of those where you question how someone can go home to their family after doing that lol

I’m having a delayed Christmas Day with my parents, roast dinner and presents under the tree and to top it off Yoane Wissa scores an absolute beaut and Roerslev gets an important goal for him after a very solid defensive performance against City. Glad to get another win at home, 3 points well needed in this league to help keep us out of the relegation dog fight 

Disappointing for Villa. Obviously without Mings. Gerrard's first real defeat, if you are generous enough to discount the Top 3 losses.

But Brentford do look like doing a bit of a Stoke, perhaps being around for some time ahead. Certainly not been looking at all the 1 season stay many would have been predicting.

For Villa, this season should now really be about seeing how much higher they can finish than 14th. And presumably see who Steven Gerrard can help recruit over the summer. 3 points here & they would have been level with genuine rivals in Leicester & Wolves.

For what it's worth, I do think Trezeguet got some material brushing his face. He must have felt something to go down like that..

• The topic was unpinned

Archived