talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea vs Liverpool - Sunday 2nd January, 2022

football forum

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Tbh this is the first time since Mou the first time I feel the manager is not responsible for the rut. I feel it's testament to Tuchel's quality. 

It was a joke mate. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Storts said:

Just seen the Mane incident, how on earth wasn’t that a red card. As blatant as they come 

Was stunned he wasn’t sent off. Mane has that sort of stupidity in him. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Was stunned he wasn’t sent off. Mane has that sort of stupidity in him. 

Spared by how early it was in the game I think. Same as the Kane in all honestly. Don’t want to ruin the spectacle of their big games 

Excellent game for a Chelsea Liverpool one, they can be drab affairs. Shame the 2nd half didn't have any further goals but I don't think it lacked for entertainment, probably the best game of the season I've seen. 

Just on the two controversial incidents. Mane was very lucky I thought. Accidental or not, thats flush in Azpilicueta's face. People have gone for less. I'm convinced the fact its 13 seconds into the game has saved him.

The Mount one I reckon I watched three or four replays and still couldnt make out what he did, he makes a kicking motion and possibly grazes Tsimikas but its not concrete, even though Mount looks a cunt for his reaction.

I certainly wouldn't say "If Mane's is a red, so is Mount's" because they aren't comparable in the slightest but that's just me as a neutral.

Mane wasn’t a red, he’s jumped up and at worst his wrist has pushed into the defenders face. Simply cannot give sending offs for something so trivial, I’m hard pushed to even call it a foul.

The Mason Mount incident is absolutely nothing also, he doesn’t kick the player and the Liverpool player makes a meal out of what appeared to be trying to hold on to his foot?

We’re in a difficult position if we’re calling them reds. In fact Ivan Toney’s flick onto Fernandinho was worse than what Mount done and that was nowhere near a red either. We are being conditioned to believe that any thing that could potentially look like a kick, elbow or punch, regardless of force is a sending off.

I thought Mount was a bit silly a couple of times today, that barge into the young Liverpool player for example.

Agree that Mane's challenge was not a red either though have seen them given before.

The Mount brush off again was Mount being petulant rather than vicious just hope someone speaks to him to drop this type of action as it looks stupid.

Azpi for me is clever at this type of thing yet Mount looks obvious.

I think Havertz was probably fouled at times though not badly.

Great goals and a great fightback from us in the end, either side could have stolen it in the second half but the only winners were City which is pretty much what we suspected before kick off... That means that both us and Liverpool must beat them to have any chance of closing that gap now.. 

Mendy and Kovacic were outstanding for us today... Lukaku coming off the bench might have just given us that slight edge needed to sneak it but given what's going on it was right to leave him out.. Not sure what's going to happen with him but this is like an echo of his first time round with us and if you are not going to be fully committed to the cause you might as well leave.. 

Not going to go on about the possible reds etc.. some you get some you don't it's the way things go... 

• Subscriber

Watching a side score two goals so easily to then concede two was a bit weird and it plays into the fact that the defensive cover just wasn't on their game tonight. I can somewhat see why VVD doesn't run across to try and stop Pulisic and instead runs parallel to him because that leaves so many passing options open but you are the last man and he should really be doing better. Whether the title race is gone or not is hard to really tell but the next few weeks are going to be very hard for this team if we don't have someone to pick up when Salah leaves. That goal where he dupes Alonso and takes Mendy on the wrong blocking side isn't something I think any of our other players will be able to replicate. 

@Storts I just don’t see a red, watched it again and I see more force in his arm but even then a red? Having watched it back I can see how a foul can be given but I still think it’s soft. Azpi is diving going to the floor there, I’ve seen and experienced much harder actual elbows to the face in a game of footy that haven’t resulted in that response 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived