Chelsea vs Liverpool - Sunday 2nd January, 2022

football forum

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Danny said:

I thought that was game over for Chelsea, what a strike from Kovacic

Preferred that second goal personally, lovely lovely finish. Made it look easy but technique to keep that down was exceptional 

1 hour ago, Waylander said:

With Alonso and Azpilicueta at CB and Pulisic as the lead forward guess we are playing counter attack football today. 

Can see this being a draw.

Got that wrong.

Expect we will sub at least one of the wide backs in the 2nd.

Some neat goals and a very fast game.

Too close to call.

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Needed that moment of magic from Kovacic. Pulisic redeeming himself too. Need the defence to remain composed as our attack finally woke up. 

Yes we did and not sure if it was a volley looked like a steered lob to me perhaps intended as a pass though not complaining!

2 minutes ago, Storts said:

Preferred that second goal personally, lovely lovely finish. Made it look easy but technique to keep that down was exceptional 

Agree it was a class finish, the inside of the left foot a really nice touch. But can’t beat Kovacic’s strike for me

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

Agree it was a class finish, the inside of the left foot a really nice touch. But can’t beat Kovacic’s strike for me

Agreed. Kovacic could attempt that finish on the training pitch 1000 times and never replicate it

I think we’ve been good countering, but that performance wasn’t really that good for us. Better than the previous match, I suppose.

Guess it’s a good thing if you can not play that well and get 2 goals against Chelsea. Hopefully we can wrangle some control of the midfield and defend a bit better though.

But if we play poorly and grab a winner I won’t mind xD

Enjoyed the fight back. Good reaction from going down but issues in the team still very blatant. Kovacic and Mendy MOTM for me.

Overall, a performance from both clubs showing neither are good enough to win the tutle. 

10 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Enjoyed the fight back. Good reaction from going down but issues in the team still very blatant. Kovacic and Mendy MOTM for me.

Overall, a performance from both clubs showing neither are good enough to win the tutle. 

Agree with your MOTM pick.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived