Sunday 2nd January, 2022
Everton vs Brighton, 14.00

Leeds vs Burnley, 14.00

Southampton vs Newcastle, 14.00

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Norwich apparently looking to postpone the game - they have 11 players out through mixture of COVID/injuries.

We've got at least 8 out (none due to COVID as far as I'm aware) - Pereira, Fofana, Justin, Vardy, Daka, Soyuncu, Evans, Bertrand. But don't think we are seeking a postponement. Down to the bare bones as they say, but still can put out a squad.

3 hours ago, Honey Honey said:

Ours will hopefully be off as well. Give us time to get Trippier, Ramsay and some other big club flops through the door.

Does Trippier count as a big club flop? I thought he'd done pretty well at Atletico last season - the side generally doesn't look the same this season but I'm not sure you can just put that down to him. Ramsay I think counts as a flop for Juve though - most Juve fans want rid of him ASAP.

26 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Does Trippier count as a big club flop? I thought he'd done pretty well at Atletico last season - the side generally doesn't look the same this season but I'm not sure you can just put that down to him. Ramsay I think counts as a flop for Juve though - most Juve fans want rid of him ASAP.

Yeah not him, was more referring to Ramsay and others we've been linked with, who can't get a game where they are and are on £100k+ a week.

Not that I'm turning my nose up at them. I'll take em.

• Subscriber

Today was a great day…

Just back from Watford and there is no better feeling than a last minute winner. Felt so deflated after Southampton, drive home was miserable and felt like defeat but today so so different. That’s what football is all about.

• Subscriber

We're playing Kenny at right back, Coleman at centre back and Godfrey at left back while Lucas Digne sits on the bench because he hurt Rafa's feelings. In unrelated news, Brighton lead within the first few minutes at Goodison.

I don't know what authority Tapas Tits think he gets out of dropping one of our only good players at the expense of playing two of our senior players out of position and playing a poor squad player like Kenny, but whatever it is, it's completely undermined by the absolute shite performances and results he's been serving up over the past 3 months.

10 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

We're playing Kenny at right back, Coleman at centre back and Godfrey at left back while Lucas Digne sits on the bench because he hurt Rafa's feelings. In unrelated news, Brighton lead within the first few minutes at Goodison.

I don't know what authority Tapas Tits think he gets out of dropping one of our only good players at the expense of playing two of our senior players out of position and playing a poor squad player like Kenny, but whatever it is, it's completely undermined by the absolute shite performances and results he's been serving up over the past 3 months.

Rafa seems to be flying under the radar in the main stream media but he really isn't doing a good job there.

Is he under any sort of pressure at all?

• Subscriber

Obviously not the manager's fault that the penalty is missed but what the fuck are we doing 0-2 down at home to Brighton without a shot on target?

I have some sympathy that we haven't been the best for a few years but this season has been the lowest of the low and but for Demarai Gray, relegation would be a serious threat. This isn't about the same problems we've had under different managers, Benitez' finger prints are all over it from the fact that Coleman is playing left back because of the manager's ego to the five at the back setup at home.

This manager was an unpopular appointment and is now proving week in, week out that he isn't up to getting results and performances out of this set of players. We're fucking 15th.

All the while, the manager we should have pursued in the summer and paired up with the Director of Football who has now left the club sits in the opposite dugout with his feet up enjoying a comfortable win for his side.

8 minutes ago, Devil said:

I wonder when Sean Dyche will come under question.

Losing again today.

He won’t, not with the transfer budget of £15 that Burnley have on average. They have players coming to the end of their contracts, so if they don’t flush this season they certainly will next. 

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Devil said:

Rafa seems to be flying under the radar in the main stream media but he really isn't doing a good job there.

Is he under any sort of pressure at all?

Today's game is putting to bed any of the support he has in our fanbase going off Twitter.

Problem is Moshiri has put all his eggs in the Benitez basket. Now there's a sunk cost fallacy going on. Benitez has been allowed to see off the Director of Football, the entire scouting team, the head of the medical team, and now he's ramping up his assassination of the playing squad. The owner seems minded to double down while Benitez sees fit to turn his nose up at James Rodriguez and Lucas Digne in favour of Andros Townsend, Solomon Rondon and Sean Longstaff, reportedly.

Sack Benitez now, all the damage he's done is for nothing, it's true. But he's done more long term damage to the club in half a season than any manager has since Koeman and Walsh were unleashed on Moshiri's initial war chest.

I expect a full apology from @Dr. Gonzo when Tapas Tits finally does walk the plank with us hovering above the relegation zone after he spent hours typing up excuses and reasons why it's not actually his fault.

The man is systematically carving apart a heavily flawed squad that ultimately still has the quality to finish at least in the top half, and turning us into your bog standard 13th-14th placed team which will see Calvert-Lewin, Richarlison, Doucoure, Gray (if he stays good) packing their bags for pastures new like Digne is about to while the owner and manager pat themselves on the back for "stability" as the chaos of the past decade finally settles down with us establishing a new baseline for the club which is much lower than it was at the start. 

Remember that Martinez was sacked for finishing as low as 11th in back to back seasons. Back when there was actually some expectation of success. The way Benitez is going it'll be an absolute miracle if we finish any higher than that as long as he's at the club.

He has to go, and preferably by tomorrow morning so that a new manager can come in and convince Digne and anyone else who's starting to cast glances elsewhere, that Everton doesn't have to be what they've experienced so far this season. And he needs to be replaced by a manager who can play the type of football that can actually be successful in modern football. I don't know why it's seen as some massive risk to employ these younger managers like Silva was, or like Potter, Arteta, Frank, Gerrard. The only managers that have genuinely looked like taking us down are Koeman and Benitez.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived