talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Inter go for Luiz Gustavo

Inter go for Luiz Gustavo

Inter have reportedly targeted Wolfsburg midfielder Luiz Gustavo, but any deal is subject to the club complying with Financial Fair Play.

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Inter’s signings “will come”, but they must first satisfy the FFP’s demands of €30m by June 30 to ensure they start the season without any sanctions.

Ivan Perisic remains the likeliest source of that capital gain, but Manchester United have yet to meet their asking price, believed to be in the region of €50-55m.

In the meantime, the newspaper explains new Nerazzurri boss Luciano Spalletti has made a “very precise” request for a “powerful” holding midfielder.

Consequently, “fresh contact” has been made for Luiz Gustavo, whose contract expires next summer and with whom “there is good scope” for a deal to be struck “quickly”.

The Wolfsburg man turns 30 in July and has 41 caps for Brazil, although he has not played for his country since March 2016.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Eco said:

I don't know much about him. What's the scoop?

Dirty player who used to get away with it when he was playing for Bayern, not so much in Wolfsburg haha. Inter would be crazy to pay 30m for him as well.

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Dirty player who used to get away with it when he was playing for Bayern, not so much in Wolfsburg haha. Inter would be crazy to pay 30m for him as well.

Well damn, I hope it doesn't happen then. Last thing we need is more dirty players

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Well damn, I hope it doesn't happen then. Last thing we need is more dirty players

Yeah, not to mention that he's completely past it and has been living off his former reputation for the last 2 seasons at least without producing much on the pitch. 

13 minutes ago, Eco said:

I don't think he's that dirty, he's just a bit reckless in all honesty. He plays like Nigel De Jong, he needs another anchor in the midfield to kind of control him. Like how De Jong was in City when he had Barry or Yaya Toure to kind of pull him back.

14 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah, not to mention that he's completely past it and has been living off his former reputation for the last 2 seasons at least without producing much on the pitch. 

Idk if he's completely past it, I think he is a player that thrives better off others rather than leading the charge himself.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, nudge said:

Pretty much this, plus hes a cunt....formerly our cunt.

2 hours ago, Spike said:

More cards than @Tanksie Magic deck.

xD unless he plays commander...... although i think hes been in hiding since the announcement about a Marveless standard.

5 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Pretty much this, plus hes a cunt....formerly our cunt.

xD unless he plays commander...... although i think hes been in hiding since the announcement about a Marveless standard.

Deserved to be banned. But yes, no more free wins.

19 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Agreed, the whole turn 4 ulamog even the spin to win idea is dumb

You would think they would have learned after collected company. Sometimes R&D need to be taken out back and shot.

Calling it early, Temur emerge will make a return as the new midrange deck that goes over the top of the others. But Mardu will probs become best deck again.

10 hours ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

Idk if he's completely past it, I think he is a player that thrives better off others rather than leading the charge himself.

If he's anything like what he was 3 or 4 years ago he'd be a very good signing and i'd take him a heartbeat for Juve.

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

You would think they would have learned after collected company. Sometimes R&D need to be taken out back and shot.

Calling it early, Temur emerge will make a return as the new midrange deck that goes over the top of the others. But Mardu will probs become best deck again.

That's just it this isn't the first and likely not the last time they make a mistake like this. Coco is a fun modern card but that was probably one of the worst standards in recent memory.

I've already had problems with the temur emerge I think that's a fair call. It's got a ton of value cards and a strong finish. I bloody hate bristling Hydra too such a pain in the ass to deal with. Mardu seems well positioned to make a resurgence. I actually quite like the Jund God's lists that have been going around too as maybe a bit of a dark horse

Hydra is a skill intensive card though. Unless your opponent has 100000 energy, you can chose to race it, if they pump it without prompting, then kill it when the fools run out of energy.

I have trapped players more than once by attacking with a tireless tracker after sacing a clue, they block, pump, then I fatal push it in response

We should probs have a magic thread rather than hijacking all the time haha

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Tanksie said:

Hydra is a skill intensive card though. Unless your opponent has 100000 energy, you can chose to race it, if they pump it without prompting, then kill it when the fools run out of energy.

I have trapped players more than once by attacking with a tireless tracker after sacing a clue, they block, pump, then I fatal push it in response

We should probs have a magic thread rather than hijacking all the time haha

Yeah i mean tricks like that definitely work but the problem ive found is by the time they cast it on turn 4, they've ideally attuned on turn 1, sometimes serveant of the conduit t2 and usually a whirler or rogue refiner t3 so generally floating around 6 energy before theyve casted hydra. 

Forcing their hand like that definitely can work i find even having a 1/1 ballista on field to dome them and trigger revolt at will is super useful too. My favourite is disallowing a pump trigger and pushing it after. Part of it the deck im playing is pretty slow and filled with kill cards more or less trying to get to late game, maybe just not a great matchup. 

I think thats a good idea xD

Archived