• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester to Sign Harry Maguire

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Bargain? Average/decent player, perfect fit for LCFC though. 

yes. in this market, a bargain. 

He's pretty decent. Only 24 so Leicester are buying a player who hasn't even had his 'peak years' yet. Definitely an upgrade on Morgan but not quite as good as say Michael Keane. Added bonus that he's played a year in the top flight so you know he can handle it at this level. Leicester would have been hard pushed to find much better without paying nearer to £20m for them, at least from fellow Premier League clubs anyway.

He's a decent player, got exposed a few times in games against us but nothing you can't iron out. 

Bringing out from the back probably one of his best attributes if that's how Leicester are gonna go next season. 

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, HK85 said:

He's a decent player, got exposed a few times in games against us but nothing you can't iron out. 

Bringing out from the back probably one of his best attributes if that's how Leicester are gonna go next season. 

This is one of the main things for me. 

In Huth and Morgan we have 2 players who are predominantly old school and just happy to hoof it out. While this is sometimes the best thing to do in certain circumstances, I do like the fact of how composed he can be on the ball. 

And as Lucas says, he's young and yet to reach his peak. I think we've done very well here to only bag him for an initial £12m. 

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

They gave up any chance of success a few months ago. February 23, 2017 to be exact. Got rid of a winner for a freaking caretaker 

a 'freaking caretaker' that has been at the club for more years than many others xD 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

They gave up any chance of success a few months ago. February 23, 2017 to be exact. Got rid of a winner for a freaking caretaker 

Yeah you're right actually. I suppose we did give up on our chance of lifting the Championship trophy this season.

Fair enough deal all round, think Leicester will be a good move, not the pressure of a bigger club (couple had been linked) and he will get straight in the first team. 

Not sure it can be classified as an 'absolute bargain', as if Hull have been had off, it's a lot of money for a centre back who may or may not make it past the midtable Prem mark.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Fair enough deal all round, think Leicester will be a good move, not the pressure of a bigger club (couple had been linked) and he will get straight in the first team. 

Not sure it can be classified as an 'absolute bargain', as if Hull have been had off, it's a lot of money for a centre back who may or may not make it past the midtable Prem mark.

wasn't meant to be any disrespect to Hull or the way they handle their business. More as a comparison to the rate players get bought for these days

• Subscriber

Yeah given the amount some players are going for I'm happy with £12mil + add ons for Maguire. A solid first signing of the summer when it's confirmed.

Been tracking him a long time. Pearson supposedly wanted him when he was at Sheff Utd. We do tend to have targets we stick to for years and eventually sign. Vardy a good example.

• Subscriber

Lovely. Fair play to Rudkin as well. Hoping they've learnt from last year.

Another centre half, a right back, a central midfielder, number 10 and possibly a forward to follow, hopefully.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Dan said:

Lovely. Fair play to Rudkin as well. Hoping they've learnt from last year.

Another centre half, a right back, a central midfielder, number 10 and possibly a forward to follow, hopefully.

Given we bid for Jonny Evans as well, I wonder if we're going 3 at the back as a main formation?

I'd only get a RB as back-up to Simpson. Think there's another year in Simpson left and he really shone last season. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Given we bid for Jonny Evans as well, I wonder if we're going 3 at the back as a main formation?

I'd only get a RB as back-up to Simpson. Think there's another year in Simpson left and he really shone last season. 

We'll sign another centre half I'm sure. Could well be but who knows. Will know more when the friendlies kick off.

Simpson is under-rated as a defender, very rarely makes a mistake. But he is very limited going forward. Could well rotate right backs based on who we're playing.

If Simpson got injured, who would play there? We haven't ever replaced De Laet.

I think it's a great signing. I remember him playing for Sheffield United in the 2011/12 season and I was impressed with how vocal and composed he was for his age. So seeing him push on with Hull City, especially over the last two seasons, seemed expected.

Once again he's joined a team that will be good for his development. Is he likely to spearhead them in to the top six any time soon? No. But would he looked out of place as a squad player at most of those top six teams? Not at all. Leicester City have invested in somebody good enough to start for them whose at a good age to still progress and could be at the club for a very long time. It's a great addition.

• 1 year later...
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Move to United seems to be picking up 

other than rumours this morning i.e. paper talk, where's it picking up?

I've heard £50m which is a pittance. Should be double that.

Archived